Thursday, September 8, 2022

It's Always Something...

My son, like a lot of teenagers, is not adapting well to early morning classes. I get him up to meet the school bus after he's had a mere half hour of sleep. Because he was up all night. Because he fell asleep right after his kung fu class at 6 in the evening and only woke up to eat dinner and help me walk the dogs at 9. And then he was up all night. 

I fear for his college life next year when I won't be the one to wake him. He's slept through every alarm on his phone, whether it's right under his head or across the room. My version of waking him is to pull his covers off and turn on the lights. It works...

There are fewer people at the gym today, probably because it's Thursday. After pedaling through cardio, I plop myself down on a mat in the Aerobics Room. Today there's Zumba at 9:30, taught by not gym owner. No pull-ups today. My abs are a wee bit sore, but the front right delt feels iffy. Rotating arms in large circles is usually okay but today it's not. And the following movement, rotating just shoulders forward tiny circles and backward tiny circles is also not painless. Because these movements are after planks and push-ups, I'm not concerned. Until I'm on the bench doing Skull Crushers and Rip Skulls. I'm surprised and slightly worried now.

Skull Crushers are fine. The elbows get a little stressed toward the last reps. However, Rip Skulls put a strain on the right anterior delt today, especially when I raise my outstretched arms over my face and down past the top of my head. After the second set, I replace that movement with another set of Skull Crushers. The elbows complain a little but not as much as that one delt. Tomorrow I'll probably just do cardio, core and pull-ups. And I'm going to rethink those arm circles...

8 Sept 2022
Crisp Thursday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5620)
Distance: 2.85
Cal: 317
Avg Hr: 144, 186 max

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

Skull Crushers / Rip Skulls
30 lbs x 12 reps each x 2 sets total
32.5 x 12 x 4 + 2 plain Skull Crushers
(right anterior delt on Rip Skulls)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...