Friday, September 16, 2022

And On the Fifth Day

I'm so tired that I thought about skipping the gym today. But I didn't. Instead, my concession to fatigue was to cut my cardio by 10 minutes and skip a set of pull-ups. My shoulder is less sore today but I've just noticed that it is slightly swollen with faint reddish patches. Maybe a vague rash? These are all common side effects and I'm not worried. I am tired though from the late night out seeing "Mr Burns, A Post-Electric Play" because I didn't get home until nearly 11 pm and then I was hungry. Which meant I wasn't in bed for another hour because there's eating, and my 3 different eye drops, and dental hygiene like flossing and brushing...

The play was held in a tent off the Hudson so it got chilly as the night wore on. Lots of empty seats. No wonder my friend got a BOGO for her ticket purchase. It was an interesting experience although I can't say I'd recommend it. I'll embed a 2019 production (available on YouTube) below in case you want to view it. Because I've watched countless episodes of The Simpsons, I feel qualified to say that certain nuances about Mr. Burns the character in the play just don't ring authentic.

I'm just happy I made it to the gym for five days straight...

16 Sept 2022
Exhausted Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd (3968)
Distance: 2.03
Cal: 223
Avg Hr: 148, 198-124

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...