Thursday, September 29, 2022

Better The Next Day

It's a bit chilly this morning so I turn the heat on in the car before my son and I head to the school bus stop. Then, off to the gym. It's not very crowded as Thursday appears to be an "off day" and that's just fine with me. I do my cardio and it's moderately better than yesterday. I'm always better the next day, as if each workout is a primer for the one to come. Except for movements like pull-ups that target my tiny forearms and weak elbow joints. Those I'm better if I have a day or more to rest those tendons.

I barely notice crunches and dead bugs, so much so that I lose count and reprimand myself for not focusing. I'm texting with my sister who had planned to drive down to her Florida house in a few days. While Hurricane Ian didn't hit it directly, the storm was so big and wide that sitting there on the gulf side, the house has surely suffered damage and flooding. She's still planning to go with her SO, and they've booked a hotel in case they can't reach or reside in their own house, but Venice is also on the Gulf side so I doubt businesses there will be viable.

There's no one in the Aerobics Room and that's very pleasant, but a bit strange. There are a few people in the free weight area: regulars and newbies. There's no bar in the holder of the Inclined Breaker Bench closest to the squat rack, which is fine. It just means I'll be using DBs for the entire workout. Since I worry about numbness in my fingers, I'll just make sure the DBs are not over my face when doing Inclined Presses. All in all, a good workout although the 25s put a slight strain on right pectoral as I press up. So weird that it's not the left side as I'm stronger on the right although I'm not right-handed (cross dominant).

I've read a few more articles about muscle knots and I'm surprised that there's controversy as to what they really are. I can feel the hard painful lumps roll away when pressed, skittering along like marbles under the skin. There's no denying that pressure on these points cause a lot of radiating pain until suddenly the pain is gone and so is the lump. The issue is apparently muscle knot's relationship to myofascial trigger points, which some say don't actually exist. Ugh. Knots tend to reoccur in the same spot, perhaps due to damage or sensitivity. If I work out too much I get knotty. If I don't work out at all, I get knotty. It's a balancing act...

29 Sept 2022
Brisk Thursday 49F

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5664)
Distance: 2.86
Cal: 318
Avg Hr: 139, 106-78

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly
10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps
15 lbs x 20/15/25 reps
20/15/20 lbs x 20/15/25 reps
25/15/25 lbs x 25/15/25 reps x 3 sets


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...