Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday Before the Long Weekend

It was a delightful 56F this morning when I awoke. You can tell I'm not a hot weather gal 'cuz, like my dogs, cooler temps makes me much happier. The gym is moderately crowded with folks exercising in anticipation of the holiday weekend. Again, I didn't sleep well so I'm dragging a bit during cardio. Core and stretches are fine. Again, only one person, then just two other regulars in the Functional Gym area. No kids. Because they're at school! (Except for mine who's still asleep because we live the next town over and our schools don't open until after the long weekend, not before!)

Both inclined breaker benches seem to be in use so I drag myself over to the Smith machine. I haven't been on this contraption in a really long time! The attached Olympic bar is counterbalanced so it's only a fraction of the 45 lbs most bars weigh in at. I'm guessing it's 25 lbs now. (I've tried to find out what the counter balance is to determine what "just the bar" would weigh in at, but that information isn't available online and I don't know what experiment I could perform to determine it.)


I drag over a few DBs and do my sets. I keep my hands rotated pinkies up for the first set of lateral raises because it's the warm up and only 10 lbs. But increasing to the 15s puts a bit of stress on my elbows, so my arms are slightly bent and my hands are turned thumbs up. The adjustable bench seat is higher than that on the inclined breaker bench so I cross my ankles and "balance" on the seat while doing Inclined Presses. To do anything else puts too much stress on my sciatic nerve. The 25s feel a bit heavy today but the shoulders and lower back don't complain. However, I'm running late to bring my dogs to the park so I only do two final sets instead of three. 

The dogs are disappointed that we've come to the park too late to play with their friends. But after 45 minutes, three new dogs (who they've met once before) arrive and there is lots of play, chasing and boxing. Earlier, I bought generic Pepto Bismol liquid and tablets because the pups seem to be suffering from sporadic digestive woes. But I refrain from giving them anything until I see if making one small change makes any difference...

I've noticed that the eggs I've purchased lately seem a bit weird: cracked into a dish, the egg whites separate into a ring of thick and thin. And if boiled, the egg whites solidify into a normal inner ring and a sticky outer ring that is hard to remove from the shell. I've tried to look up this phenomena online but haven't been able to find the proper search engine to ask. I mention this because for the past two years, the dogs each have eaten one raw egg a day with no ill effects. But the raw whites have never looked like this either. 

Are the eggs I've purchased lately the reason my dogs are now suffering digestive woes: loss of appetite and sporadic diarrhea? The expiration date is for October. I have no reason to doubt Land O' Lake brand although they're not my usual choice. Today, I beat the eggs and nuke them before adding them to the canned food, and both dogs eat all their food, unlike the past few days... This evening I'll see how they react to supper.

2 Sept 2022
Crisper Friday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5598)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 147, 186-74

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

DB Incl Press s/s Lat Raise s/s Rev Inc Fly (Smith machine bar=25?)
Bar/10 lbs x 25/15/20 reps
Bar+10/15 lbs x 20/15/25
Bar+20/15/20 x 20/15/25
Bar+30/15/25 x 25/15/25 x 2 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...