Friday, September 30, 2022

Basic Friday

It's the end of the week and I have a lot of things to do. Of course, first I have to get this exercise business out of the way, so today it's just the basics: cardio, core & stretching, pull-ups, and only one set of the latter: I felt a twinge inside the right wrist forearm that reminded me of the time I had really bad carpal tunnel. Granted, that was back in the 80s when I hadn't yet replaced my mouse with a joint-friendly trackball and then I developed "mouse shoulder" and couldn't close my hand, so no turning doorknobs or even brushing my hair. 

The gym is really quiet and all the treadmills are vacant. Fridays can be like that. And it's chilly enough outside that I actually wore a fleece hat in the drive over. While cardio was a bit of a struggle, pull-ups were easy until rep 20. Those last 3 always make me a tad worried and the last rep isn't even close to being smooth and confident. Everything else is standard and routine, and then I have to go...

30 Sept 2022
Chilly Friday 44F

Precor elliptical #1
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5586)
Distance: 2.84
Cal: 315
Avg Hr: 146, 188-79

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...