Thursday, December 16, 2021

Rest Day

I'm too tired to make my usual mileage but at least I made it to the gym. I warm up and feel better but cool down quickly while still in the Aerobics Room so I put my hoodie back on to do push-ups and air squats. So far I've made it 4 days in a row because I don't actually feel better when I take the time off to go back to sleep. Very often I can't go back to sleep. 

This fatigue and persistent sciatica still might be due to an average of less than 6 hours nightly. Or it could be a side effect of last week's booster that might be lingering due to all the anti-inflammatories I've scarfed down in an effort to mitigate my sciatic pain. Or, it could be omicron. Because this variant has symptoms akin to a cold with no fever, no loss of smell or taste, no drop in O2 levels. 

 
After cardio, I do my regular core exercises and then call it done. It's nearly 60F today but it won't last. Temps will drop, rain and sleet in the forecast, and then it'll be winter again. Tomorrow maybe I'll do another round of shoulders. I'm cautious because the right shoulder has an old labral injury and if I get too exuberant then it aches.


14 December 2021
Balmy Thursday & Sciatica

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5436)
Distance: 2.79
Cal: 308
HR: 143-198

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...