Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Completed Task

When the alarm sounded at 6 this morning, my immediate response was to hit the snooze for another 5 minutes. Of course, I got up after 3 and started the day. It was a mite chilly at 49F and I put the heat on in the car. It's the mid-week return to school after a long weekend due to Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) which closes schools for 2 days. The school bus came on time and I got to the gym with a few minutes to look at my phone. 

I notice a shiny red sports car circling the spots closest to the gym until it decides to park at the end furthest from the storefronts. Then I realize it's M, a regular from the gym, who hangs with Lazy Pedals and Tank. It must be mid-life crisis time since the Mustang GT isn't a very practical car, especially for winters around here. I'll probably always be a Subie fan...

Pedaling was hard today. I had skipped yesterday to run a bunch of errands, including buying a cheese and cracker platter for the Scout Court of Honor last night. No one sells cheese and cracker platters anymore! I had to buy crackers, assorted sliced cheese, and assorted sliced Italian meats (salamis, pepperoni, etc) separately and figure out a way to set it up. Luckily, other parents brought food too.

Well, at least I did 35 minutes of cardio, and then got my two sets of pull-ups in to bookend the core and stretching in the Aerobics Room. Gym Owner is in there setting up for the Boot Camp class that will occur in an hour. He's reasonably quiet laying down equipment, which is very considerate. There's another woman at the other end of the room, stretching and doing hip thrusts with a barbell on her lap while she's draped over one of the step-up platforms. A few times a week, a fat middle-aged guy comes in to literally loudly drop a few plates, plastic DBs, or step bases on the floor, reserving spots for himself and his wife for whichever class is occurring at 9:30. Not sure if he's weak, careless, or just inconsiderate. Or maybe a combination thereof. Hasn't anyone ever told him not to slam/drop the weights? I guess not: he doesn't look like he works out much...

 

Today I had time to do 10 minutes on the stair climber. While I didn't set any personal records, I at least got my entire routine done. I haven't done that in a really long time... Let's see if I can make it here tomorrow! 

Later, I stop in a store to buy milk for my son (his favorite meal is apparently breakfast cereal) and a gallon of water for the dog park. The fountain's been shut off so we have to bring water. And we appear to have a shortage. Every shelf is empty of gallon jugs of water although there are plenty of cases of smaller bottles. It isn't just that store either. Weird, right?

28 Sept 2022
Back to School Wednesday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5486)
Distance: 2.81
Cal: 310
Avg Hr: 140, 188-86

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 21

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 535
Floors 33
Cal 78
Hr 147

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...