Monday, September 12, 2022

Hedges

My forearms are still sore from trimming the hedges with hand clippers this past Saturday. Some folks use power tools and I suppose I could've plugged in the electric hedge trimmer but that would've meant wrestling with a hundred feet of orange cord snaking out the front door and down the walkway into the driveway and around my car. And I still would've needed to stop to occasionally use the parrot-beak loppers for thicker entanglements. It was 80F in the blazing sun on Saturday but I got what needed to be trimmed done. Autumn is literally just days away...

Yesterday I got to stand around in light drizzle while my son and some members of his BSA troop helped him with his Eagle Project. The hardest, most-time critical aspect is done now so we're happy! That meant hand-digging post holes below the frost line (42") in 5 separate locations (already approved and certified not to have hidden power lines, gas lines, water lines). But there was rock. Or lots of smaller rocks. Holes had to be dug before the threat of frost and no one is sure whether this Autumn will be mild or harsh. 

Posts have already been cut and need to be set in concrete at the next work session which is next weekend. Hopefully, my husband will be able to supervise this time. Since he got stuck at work over this weekend, I had to take the dogs to the park early and they missed out on having playmates. All the dog park people did wave at me as they passed by our group of dirt-covered boys digging and shoveling.

Today I'm on the elliptical by 7:30 but I'm having trouble building up any speed. Which means I'm barely making distance or steps. But I get my sweaty 35 minutes done as well as both sets of pull-ups. My forearms aren't happy with the second set though. It's a struggle after the first dozen. The right shoulder feels okay so I'll try my normal Skull Crusher Rip Skull combo tomorrow and see how that goes...

12 Sept 2022
Sore Forearms Monday

Precor elliptical #1
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5596)
Distance: 2.83
Cal: 314
Avg Hr: 143, 192 max

HGPU 23

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

HGPU 21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...