Monday, October 3, 2022

Hate That Machine

I was in the middle of a dream when the alarm woke me up and I've been slogging all morning, first because 45F is kind of chilly and second, because I'm tired from trekking around at the NY Garlic Festival yesterday, and third, eating poorly. Well, eating unhealthily... like sharing a giant slice of strawberry shortcake with my son, or eating popcorn slathered with garlic butter. 

Too much fat and too much salt. I'm paying for it today. I feel like a slug. The weather is brisk and overcast and the gym is kind of crowded. No one on the treadmills but at least 3 different women on the ellipticals. So I get on the LF cross-trainer. Not fond of this machine, but better than the treadmill...

However, every time I use the cross-trainer, I lose a bit of stamina from my shoulders. This is evident in pull-ups because I don't feel strong and confident and that's unusual. It's a struggle to make it to 20. And because of that, I make sure to do a second set after all is done, and I can squeak out one more rep. I also do 10 minutes of stair climber to bring cardio to 35 minutes total. Maybe tomorrow will be better...

 

3 October 2022
Brisk Tired Monday


LF X-trainer # 3
Program manual
Time: 20 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 2.75
Cal: 201
Avg Hr: 115-140

HGPU 20

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Upper body stretch
Eye yoga

StepMill (L)
Manual 10 min
Speed 6 (52-55)
Steps 542
Floors 33
Cal 79
Hr 135

HGPU 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...