Monday, November 1, 2021

Not Quick Enough

I don't mind working out in the morning except that if I dawdle I miss out on the good elliptical, there are more folks in the Aerobics Room, and worse, I can't do any pull-ups because Snow Bird had begun his vigorous 20-minute routine in the Stretch Cage. Luckily, I did get the "good" elliptical, and there was only one other person in the Aerobics Room. But I missed out on the pull-ups. Next time I've got to be quicker!

The Halloween weekend was busy with changeable weather and several events happening simultaneously. Which meant very few kids actually went Trick or Treating Sunday night, although my son and one of his friends managed to wrangle two more friends into soliciting candy. They came home happy with a good haul of sugary treats.

I'm not sure if I'll get to the gym tomorrow since there are local elections (the polling place is in the opposite direction of how I normally travel), plus I have finally scheduled my mammogram (ugh) and since the radiologist is en route to Staples, I plan to offload my defunct Lexmark printer. Large electronic chain stores have to take back e-waste here in NYS and I'd feel too guilty putting this machine in the trash. It'd also be illegal to do so.

The Lexmark worked fabulously well when it worked, even when inks were no longer manufactured and I had to resort to 3rd party vendors. But now it needs a new drum and that's impossible to find for a decade-plus home printer. We bought a new Epson printer which is slower, the inks are more costly, the printing isn't as accurate (especially when using label templates), but it supports Apple printing so I can print emails from my ancient phone for the first time ever. At least that's something to cheer about.

1 Nov 2021
Monday the First

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5536)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
HR: 149-203

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...