Monday, November 29, 2021

Post-Holiday

I haven't worked out for the past 4 days even though the gym was open. I try to sleep in when I don't have to drive my son to the school bus stop. While the drive to see family on TurkeyDay wasn't horrendous (light traffic), the 2+ hours each way and standing in my stocking feet for most of the visit really aggravated the dormant sciatic nerve on the right side. It feels as if my bony feet don't have enough padding to protect them from the floor. Sitting in a car wreaked equal havoc on my middle back. 

Yesterday I got even less sleep when my son woke me up at 6:20AM because the shower handle broke and he couldn't turn the water off. Ugh. Eventually, I figured out how to shut the water down for the entire house and made several phone calls. Try getting a plumber on the Sunday of a Holiday weekend!

The plumber is coming this afternoon whenever he can squeeze me into his schedule. So this morning's jaunt to the gym wasn't just for the drudgery of exercise, but also the pleasure of using a working bathroom and having a hot shower afterward. 

The gym is crowded today and I do my cardio on the cross-trainer which leaves me with numb toes. I knock out a few pull-ups, do my basic core exercises and try to loosen and soothe my hips and back. Shoulders feel fine with the DB routine. It's cold and humid enough for the air to feel raw with flurries when I get to the Bark Park. Dogs don't care though. They're happy to race through the fallen leaves.

29 Nov 2021
Frosty Monday with Sciatica

LifeFitness cross trainer
Program Manual
Time: 25 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 3.28
Cal: 238
HR: 115-125

HGPU 13

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
  10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
  15 lbs x 15/20 reps x 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...