Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Big Unexpectedly

Lazy Pedals is pedaling on the stationary bike when I get on the elliptical this morning. He's also chatting so he's not pedaling terribly fast but at least he's not draped over the console. After cardio, I do a slightly abbreviated core and stretch routine in the Aerobics Room because I want time to push a few weights. I increase the Seated Cable Rows to 70 lbs to see how sets of 15 reps feel. It's a bit challenging and I'm hoping that there will not be any painful repercussions tomorrow morning. 

It takes me a while to find the magnetic discs because they are not where I'm used to seeing them. They're stuck to the DB racks along the mirrored wall instead of the solid state BB rack or behind the front desk counter. This is the only way I can do sets of Rip Skulls with 25 lbs, with discs stuck to the 20 pounder. I get 15 reps without issue but I'm cautious about my elbows. Yep, I'm prone to tendonitis everywhere. Still, I'm probably going to try 30 lbs next time.

I'm not happy that I'm having such a hard time losing these few extra pounds. At least I still have clothes that fit. When I strip down to shower, I happen to glance at my shoulder and am surprised to see my biceps looking thick and round. Actually, my whole upper arm looks thick and round from just a few sets. That takes the sting out of being bigger, but I'd still like to be lean enough to wear my old clothes. I wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow.

9 Nov 2021
Frosty Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 1
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5536)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
HR: 145-194

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel x 12
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15 reps
70 x 15, 15, 15

Rip Skulls
25 lbs x 15, 15, 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...