Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Unhappily Bigger

I must be stress eating or something because it's looking like those pesky 5 lbs I need to lose has grown into 8. I've got to nip this in the bud before that morphs into 10! It's bad when even your loose comfy clothes start to bind and pinch.

I'm at the gym a little past 7 and get on the elliptical for 35 minutes. When I'm done, the sweat is running down my face into my mask. Yes, I still wear a mask indoors in public places where not everyone is to be trusted with their hygienic practices. I don't wear one outside at the Bark Park or driving in my car. I don't understand why you'd wear one inside your own vehicle with no passengers.

Skipping Dead Bugs gives me the illusion of more time for pushing and pulling some weights after doing abs, push-ups and air squats. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that my knees aren't always happy with those squats even though I'm not shouldering any weight. Lately though, even my hips are unhappy, twinging on the outer edge where the femur inserts. I still blame sitting in HS classrooms with uncomfortable student chairs. 

I'm not brave enough to increase the weight on the Seated Cable Rows so I do my warm up at 50 lbs and 3 sets at 70 lbs, just like last week. Maybe next week I'll venture to 75 lbs. However, for the Rip Skulls I move up 5 lbs to the 30 lb solid bar. Several regulars are chatting but at least no one is draped over the bar rack. Twelve reps feels okay. Not easy, a little bit of stress in the shoulders, and hopefully nothing significant to the elbows. Tomorrow I'll just do a regular cardio and core day. It'll be relaxing before the next storm front hits us at week's end.

16 Nov 2021
Another Frosty Tuesday

Precor elliptical
Program 3
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5502)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 311
HR: 93, 87, 138-189

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel x 12
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

Seated Cable Rows
50 lbs x 15 reps
70 x 15, 15, 15

RipSkulls
30 lbs x 12, 12, 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...