Wednesday, November 24, 2021

TurkeyDay Eve

Lately I've been waking up with my heart racing and a horrible sense of dread. The massive anxiety is new and inexplicable. I can understand why heart attacks happen predominantly in the morning. It might be the stress hormones our bodies produce that gets us up and maybe, for those of us who are not naturally morning larks, the stress is much greater because we need all that much more kick to get us out of bed. 

Chronic sleep deprivation is making is harder to get up at 5:45 on school days. Thank goodness we have a 4-day holiday! I'll just have to get up in time to get the puppers to the park (at a more reasonable hour) instead.

It's also bitterly cold outside with temps in the low 20s and the wind making it feel like mid-teens. My car's tire pressure sensor has lit up so after I work out, my next stop will be the local Valvoline to get my tires checked and re-pressurized. Because that will take extra time, I end my work out a bit early: no shoulders today. I'm also still sore from the past two days, and the Intervals program had me reconsidering my expectations for pull-ups. I'm very surprised when I'm able to get most of 15 reps. Yeah, that last rep was a struggle!

It's winter cold and the dogs don't care. We go to the park and are literally the only ones -- there's not another car in any of the visitor lots. An inch of ice floats in the water bowls but we have a heater in the equipment shed with big jugs of slushy water. I turn the heater on and periodically warm my toes. I'm also layered up in fleece and down, with alpaca wool socks and hat. It's still only November.

24 Nov 2021
Short Week Wednesday

Precor elliptical
Program Intervals
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5156)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 311
HR: 142-200, 90

HGPU 15

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25
Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...