Monday, November 15, 2021

Sore Due to Inactivity

When you spend hours sitting in classrooms on chairs that are a skosh too tall, it tends to mess up your body in subtle but persistent ways. I missed 2 days at the gym last week, and went to an educational event for Scouts on Saturday which has tickled my sciatica and made me sore in weird spots like my hips, neck, upper shoulders. I made sure to hit the gym today. Lazy Pedals was draped over the elliptical so I hopped onto the closest cross-trainer. It's not the same movement and it's difficult to do any reverse pedaling so I don't even try. I get decent mileage but barely work up a sweat.

I get a few pull-ups in before heading into the Aerobics Room for abs and stretching. The DB free weight area is completely empty so I'm comfortable reprising the DB Lateral Raises superset with Reverse Inclined Flys. And I move up from the 10 lb DBs to the 15s. When I'm done, there are 2 other women in the DB area and a few beefy guys. Time to shower.

My 4-day holiday has me packing on a few more unintended pounds. Ugh. It's so much easier to put on weight than lose it, probably because snacking is pleasant and being hungry isn't. I just read that grapes have been shown to reduce blood cholesterol and 1.5 cups of fresh grapes is suggested. So what's that in raisins? Because, on top of dried tart cherries and walnuts in my oatmeal, I can also add raisins. A cup of grapes is approximately 100 calories, which is about 1/4 cup of raisins. No wonder I'm getting fat! Kidding. Or not.

I also haven't washed my hair in 4 days, which is always disconcerting because the amount of hair in the shower drain is always shocking. I don't have a lot of hair and mine is baby fine. Sorta like cat hair because it's everywhere and always seems to wind up in my nose or mouth. Yuck. That's one of the reasons I try to keep my hair clipped up and out of my face.

15 Nov 2021
Frosty Monday

LifeFitness cross trainer
Program Manual
Time: 25 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 3.09
Cal: 235
HR: 119-151

HGPU 13

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
10 lbs x 15/20 reps x 1
15 lbs x 15/20 reps x 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...