Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Gleefully Sore

This is the 3rd day in a row that I've managed to snag the elliptical. Not only do I consider Program 2 to be the hardest because of the steep double peaks, but I'm actually tired and sore before I even start. It's been a long time since I was sore and with not much weight being pushed.

I cut a set of crunches to buy a skosh more time later when I plan to do a few light sets of Reverse Incline Flys. Super setting saves time. I hadn't figured out how to do the Reverse Flys when I got driven out of the Aerobics Room by a staff member setting up for the Body Pump class that starts an hour later. He didn't drive me out; it was the club music pulsing the walls. My earbuds can't compete with a Zumba sound system.

The DB area is free so I drape my hoodie over the incline bench. I stick with the tiny 10 lb DBs for both lateral raises and the reverse inclines. The slight achy sourness in my shoulders tells me that starting light is perfect. No doubt I'll be upping the weights in the next few weeks.

10 Nov 2021
Mild Wednesday

Precor elliptical
Program 2
Time: 30 min + 5 min cd (5514)
Distance: 2.82
Cal: 312
HR: 147-188, 84

HGPU 12

Crunches 60
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises s/s Rev Incl Flys
 10 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...