Friday, November 5, 2021

Just a Skosh

I spend 10 minutes in the car looking over email with my phone plugged in so as not to lose any battery power. (The old iPhone really needs a new battery but I'm sure the Apple store will want to sell me the latest one instead.) Then the coffee kicks in and I need a few more minutes in the restroom. It's science: coffee stimulates the colon and voila! By the time I get out to the exercise area, both ellipticals are in use. I didn't work up a great sweat on the stair climber yesterday so today I use the cross-trainer. It doesn't count steps but I got mileage. The gym is cold and the back door open to let fresh, 30F air inside. I keep my hoodie on until I get off the cross-trainer.

Wary of losing an opportunity to do pull-ups (who knows when or if Snow Bird will show up), I do a set before hitting the Aerobics Room. My arms are slightly sore but I only notice while stretching. It's probably those super light Rip Skulls that had me arc my arms overhead. It's not the rowing since only my traps and upper arms have just a skosh of discomfort. I look up the word skosh to check for spelling. All this time I thought it was Yiddish, like bupkis, so I'm suprised to learn that it is Japanese in origin and was used as a nickname in the Korean war by American servicemen.

5 Nov 2021
Finally Friday

LifeFitness cross trainer
Program Manual
Time: 25 min + 5 min cd
Distance: 3.34
Cal: 239
HR: 112-145

HGPU 14

Crunches 60 x 2
Piriformis/Hip/Pencil Stretch
60 Dead Bugs
Elbow Plank 60s
Quick Child’s Pose
Cat/Camel stretch 12x
Fire Hydrants 25 x 2
Bird Dogs 60s x 2
Child’s Pose
Push-Ups 25
Air Squats 25

Mild Mat stretch w 3 Eye Yoga

DB Lateral Raises
10 lbs x 15 reps x 3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...