Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Slacking

I'm definitely sore today but I never let that stop me from doing anything. Glutes and delts are feeling a bit abused, but not in a crippling way. I get to the gym early because it's 15°F outside which is too cold to stand around at the school bus stop. After my son boards his bus, I drive off to the gym. A town truck has come by to drizzle a salt spray on our road, most likely because it's a tertiary road that doesn't see a lot of traffic and is a twisty 30° uphill (or down, depending on what direction you're traveling). The locker room is crowded. Now I remember why I don't like to get here too early. Bleah.

My week is full of after school kung fu class and cub scout meetings. Plus, my son needs to study for the Chinese school Fall term final exam. I've signed him up for additional chess club activities at the local library, and a MindCraft Club. His birthday is at the end of the month and he's concerned that my husband won't be able to set up a MindCraft server at our house to host a MindCraft birthday party. Because our house is summer-bungalow-tiny, I told him that even having just 5 kids over would be very tight. Not quite sure where everyone is going to park! Or where I'm going to put their parents. Which means I haven't sent out invitations yet because I don't know if we're definitely on or not. Bleah.

I had wanted to do a few different programs on the Precor today but there's only 4 of them, and they're all occupied. I clamber onto a LifeFitness Cross-trainer for 30 minutes, logging in 3.69 miles. It's less than yesterday, so my Cardio Day is off to a tempered start. After a full Cage Stretch (which I haven't done in months) where I get my leg up over my head, I debate whether to do some push ups and pull ups. But there are too many college guys at the adjacent cable stations and there isn't really any room to drop down for push ups. I'm always worried about being stepped on. But the Precors are free so I do 30 minutes of the Interval Program and don't make any adjustments. Each peak and valley is two minutes, the valleys are a Level 4 incline with Level 1 resistance, the peaks are Level 10 incline with Level 8 resistance. I log in 2.54 miles.

The Cage area is clear again so I go back and knock out just one set of hammergrip pull ups. My elbows complain. Then, just as a big college boy comes back to the cable station, I knock out my 50 push ups. Those weren't too bad, but I don't feel like doing sets. Instead, I stretch out my lower back at the Mats and head off to shower. Done! Some days I feel like such a slacker, but my cardio totals 6.23 miles so I don't feel that bad. However, I'm not happy about my weight gain or how tight my clothes are starting to feel. I haven't been on my home scale since early October. Time to bite the bullet... well, not as horrendous as I had feared: 111.8 lbs and 20.8% BF. I could definitely drop a few pounds of BF. Boy, that's gonna take work.

Tuesday Cardio Workout

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.69 mile
Speed :    7.32 mph
Duration : 00:30:15
Calorie :   286 CAL
Distance: 2.54 mile
Duration : 00:30:12
161
Set 1 : 115x12
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...