Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Day Workout

As much as I appreciate the brand new screen on the Left-side Nexersys machine, it's temperamental virtual keyboard makes punching in a program quite a challenge. After a mild 10 min steady-state cardio warm up, I logged into the machine. It wouldn't let me change from last sessions 3 rounds Intermediate to 7 rounds Beginner so I gave up and did the Intermediate rounds first. Then I gave up trying to punch in a new program and switched to the Right-side machine, which has its own problems, like an overly-sensitive Power Dig sensor.

I got myself new gloves last week because I've determined that the reason my right pinky knuckle is getting pummeled is due to equipment failure. Something is broken inside the right glove. The new gloves are bigger (unisex Small) and black and a different brand. They're also open-palmed, without the annoying grip bar. But they're big enough for me to worry about chafing so I use brand new wraps over the white tape and moleskin on my hands. My only complaint so far is that both my pointer finger first joints are sore from the seams on the edge of the glove fingers even though I took care to put protective white tape on both. I may need to cut those seams off. But my pinky knuckle, although a tad pink, isn't bruised. Yaaaay!

I take two minutes to acclimatize myself to the elliptical and then do HIIT cardio for the remainder: 15 seconds going as fast as I can (maxing at 283 Strides Per Minute) before spending 45 seconds trying to recuperate (average speed 55 SPMs) and then doing it all again for 8 minutes. A quick stretch on the Mat and I'm done. As I walk back to the locker room a very obese man smiles at me. I'm pretty sure he was at the Cable station behind the kickboxing machines when I was working out. Lots of New Year's resolutions here.

New Year's Workout

Calorie :   98 CAL
Distance: 0.86 mile
Duration : 00:10:07
Nexersys Kickboxing machine
3 rounds Intermediate Follow Me avatar program
  Accuracy 91% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 118%
7 rounds Beginner Follow Me avatar program
  Accuracy 93% / Strikes 98% / Average Power 136%
 
8 min HIIT 
Calorie :   72 CAL
Distance: 0.74 mile
Duration : 00:10:02

photos posted for actual stats:
 Intermediate Rounds
 
 Beginner Rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...