Friday, January 2, 2015

Crowds Are Like the Tide

One minute it's so crowded that every single piece of cardio equipment is in use, and the next moment the place is deserted. My gym is funny like that, there's an ebb and flow to the population. I'll be happy when the kids go back to school. It will be interesting to see how long all the Newbies last as well. Today is Leg Day. Sometimes I tack on Arms, but today is not that day. Probably because I'm a bit spent after all the cardio.

My plan is to do 30 minutes of Cross-trainer, lift some weights, finish up with 30 min on the Elliptical and then stretch. Not sure if it's the home-made peach jam I put on my oatmeal this morning, but I'm fairly energetic and log in 3.85 miles on the LifeFitness. The Smith is busy and I ask Tall Skinny Mustache how long. He's got 5 more sets but two different exercises. I tell him no problem, I'll come back later and I clamber onto the Precor elliptical, figuring he's going to be at the Smith for a good 20-30 minutes. So I'm very surprised when he comes up to me 10 minutes later and tells me he's done. He hasn't even unracked the bar, which is really nice because that prevents anyone else from jumping in before I get there. I thank him as he puts all his plates away.

My knees and lower back feel a bit odd until I inch back and get my position right. Now there's just the odd popping, clicking noise my back makes as I squat down. At least it doesn't hurt. I'm wearing shorts today so I can see my knee and ankle position better. Dang, I have some gnarly legs too. I don't go very heavy with the SLDLs because my back is tired. There's a lot of college kids in the gym today, and both Lat Pull Down machines are busy. I hop back on the Elliptical for 30 minutes of Performance Program 2. That's another two and a half miles. Finally the Lat Pull Downs are free so I do a few sets of GHRs. College boys all over the place.

I take a moment to greet R and wish him a Happy Birthday since I know that's this Sunday. He's all smiles. His boy will be a year next Saturday, so I ask if he's running through the house yet. Not quite. He's more cautious now that he's fallen. But he tall enough to have his hands touch the burners of the stove. Oh jeeze! Yep, I know whose side of the family he takes after. R laughs.

I have time to stretch, and no inclination to do Arms today. Total cardio for today: 7.21 miles. Oh well. There's always next week.

Friday Leg Day


Calorie :   150 CAL
Distance: 3.85 mile
Speed :    7.66 mph
Duration : 00:30:12
Distance: 0.8 mile
Duration : 00:10:00
210
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 150x12
168
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Calorie :   290 CAL
Distance: 2.56 mile
Duration : 00:30:12

12
Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
134.17
Set 1 : 115x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...