Friday, January 23, 2015

If I Think About It Enough, Eventually I'll Remember

It's hard to believe that tomorrow we might be hit with 6-8 inches of snow and sleet, courtesy of Winter Storm Iola. Our school district has already cancelled all weekend activities, so Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby has been postponed to next Saturday. The kung fu school is playing it by ear, however, and will call us if the belt test is cancelled. They can't postpone to next week because there is a rehearsal for the March New Year's performance. A lot of people are still sick, although my son seems mostly over his mild chest congestion. I get to the gym at 9 am and head straight to the cross-trainers to knock out 30 minutes at a clip good enough to log 3.81 miles. Yaaay!

The gym is half busy with people mostly on the cardio machines. The Smith is free so I do my Smith Squats. My left knee twinges a bit until I adjust my stance with my feet slightly closer together. I don't hear the familiar clicking in my back even at 150 lbs. Odd. I adjust the bar and knock out sets of Smith SLDLs. My back feels tired. Then I completely forget about doing Smith Split Squats, or Smith Lunges. I think they're basically both the same exercise, except the former is done with the back foot on a bench. I've added it to my workout app, but it's so far down the list that I don't actually see it unless I'm looking for it. Maybe next time?

I do remember GHRs and how much harder they are right after Smith SLDLs, so I take a break. Yep, by clambering onto the Precor elliptical and punching in Performance program 1. I like these programs because there's enough of them that I can't predict what comes next, or when I'm suppose to pedal backwards. Or forwards. 30 minutes gets me an additional 2.46 miles. That's 6.27 total mileage for today. Yaaay!

Both Lat Pull Downs are busy so I kill time on the Torso Twist machine. I'd do Lower Ab Bench Knee-Ins except there's a pair of 70 lb DBs there. It's Island Jerk. He's doing something else and will eventually return to the Sit Up board. I don't understand why he just doesn't use the Decline Bench since there's no one on that. It seems to me that he just likes to inconvenience as many people (especially women) as possible to give him an excuse to chat them up. As soon as he flashes that ghetto gold grille I'm thoroughly repulsed.

I notice Barbie Doll today and not in a good way. She's been a regular here for years, but today I see her from the back. She's got that unnatural space between her legs that dolls have because they have no butts. Her thin arms hang from her frame like she just escaped a concentration camp. She's at the Lat Pull Down machine and her shoulders are prominent only because she's so thin. I don't remember her being quite that skinny and I wonder if she's been ill, or anorexic.

GHRs are easy at first but quickly become difficult. I know people are staring because I'm the only person I've ever seen do this. Maybe they'll try it too. The Mat stretch, especially the 2nd set of Dive Bomber Push Ups is hard. But oddly, the plank, which follows immediately after, gets easier as the seconds tick on. I use the stopwatch function on my phone and do a minute 30 seconds today. Oh yeah, I forget to do Dolphin push ups too. Probably because I've never done them so it's not in my body memory. My triceps are a tad sore but I only notice if I flex them hard. I probably should've done those RG BB Curls yesterday.

Oh well... looks like tomorrow I might be shoveling. Or not. My hubs just texted me that he's got to work through tomorrow evening. That really blows. He promises to be home by Sunday morning. Just in time to set up the MineCraft server. He'll probably be sleeping through the party because he might have to go back to Boston Sunday night. Boooo! :(

Friday Cardio and Leg Day Workout (total weight lifted, as per the app 17,475 lbs)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.81 mile
Speed :    7.59 mph
Duration : 00:30:07
210
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 150x12
196
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 140x12
Set 6 : 110x12
Calorie :   273 CAL
Distance: 2.46 mile
Duration : 00:30:10
91.67
Set 1 : 50x25
Set 2 : 50x25

15
Set 1 : 15 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:01:30 +15 sec!
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
134.17
Set 1 : 115x5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...