Monday, January 19, 2015

Better Than Nothing

My son was psyched to come to the gym with me today until I reminded him that since it's Monday, he'd have to stay in the Child Care room. Luckily there were a few older kids in the room when I dropped him off. 8 –12 year olds can work out with their parents for free on weekends from 1 – 6 pm. When he's 13, he can get his own junior membership. "That's so far away," he moans at me. I remind him that he's turning 10 next week, finally hitting those double digits. We're actually having a MineCraft party for him and a few of his friends. I haven't told the dog yet.

My house is too small to host this, but what the hell, you only turn ten once, right? I'm sure the parents will be gathered uncomfortably in our tiny kitchen, or maybe, if weather permits, outside. In January, in the frigid northeast. Well, it'll be memorable to say the least. My hubs promises to be home by Saturday, but I'm not sure when Saturday. Which means I'm taking my son to the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby, and then his kung fu belt test. I'm also taking my son to his school orchestra concert on Tuesday (he's 1st year viola), and the Pinewood Derby weigh-in on Thursday, when we'll also sign up for the annual Cub Scout Blue & Gold "dinner" in March. I told my husband he'd better be in town for that because it's also my birthday. I even got myself a cool new sweater dress just for the occasion. He'd also better be in town for the Kung Fu school's annual fundraiser and New Year show, which is the week prior. My son is performing in that too. Whew, I'm tired already.

 The driveway and walkway needed salting and scraping just to de-ice. Yesterday's weather was really awful, with the several major roadways being closed due to the number of vehicular accidents. My hubs was home for the weekend, working, and testing out our own MineCraft server, and he didn't leave for Boston until after 11 am today. Working nights suck. We get to the gym with only an hour and a half left until Child Care closes. Better than nothing. I figure I can knock out some cardio if nothing else. And really, that's all I have time for. There's a lot of new faces in the free weight area. Big Glasses Dude is back, looking a skosh thinner, but still pushing fairly heavy weight. Island Jerk has made himself very scarce around me since my last interaction with him. Hey, maybe he's figured out that I think he's a jerk? I do 30 min on the cross-trainer, stretch and then another 25 min on the elliptical. It's all I have time for. I make it to the Child Care room at 1 pm, and luckily, my son is NOT the last child there. Whew!

Monday Workout (total 6.33 miles)

Calorie :   149 CAL
Distance: 3.82 mile
Speed :    7.61 mph
Duration : 00:30:05
Calorie :   258 CAL
Distance: 2.51 mile
Duration : 00:25:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...