Friday, October 31, 2014

WTF does not mean 3X weekly

I'm in a mad rush today but got some cardio in so all's not lost. Only did 4 minutes of Tabata in my 10 min cardio warm up on the elliptical before venturing to confront the Nexersys machine. It's on a slow progressive decline. I tape and wrap my hands before stuffing them into my old kickboxing gloves. But my right pinky knuckle gets bruised on Round 2, and coincidentally that is also the round when the machine decides it's not going to register any of my Cross punches. Hence the abysmal score of 58% Accuracy and 79% Strikes. I must've knocked a sensor loose because the machine just ran a bunch of incoherent sequences while I stood and watched for 20 seconds before whacking it hard enough again to shake some sense into it. (I drew arrows on the photo to point out where the machine just went crazy for a bit.)

I got a good workout, but my pinky knuckle is a bit bruised. I finish with 11 min on the elliptical because I wanted to do 10 min of HIIT but I need the first minute to get my pace going properly. Then a quick stretch before running off to my son's elementary school to help with the Halloween festivities. And I got to bring home a few slices of leftover pizza. Now, I only need to finish framing one more photo and then create labels for the backs them all. After we go Trick or Treating. My son went to school in his Halloween costume. Everyone driving past had to take a second look. When he boarded his bus, I heard it erupt with laughter. It's been a pretty good day so far.

Halloween Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.8 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)
  Accuracy 92% / Strikes 97% / Average Power 134%


11 min elliptical = 1 min steady state + 10 min Tabata  = 0.78 miles

photo posted for actual stats: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...