Friday, October 24, 2014

Which is Sillier?

Which is sillier, me in a blonde fairy wig with elf ears, or me wearing boxing gloves that come half way up my forearms? I'll let you decide. Just don't hurt yourself laughing. The blonde wig was a steal at Kmart for $10. I've always wondered how weird I'd look as a blonde. The pointy ears makes it even better.

I'm still fighting a minor head cold so my HIIT cardio is adjusted for longer rest periods (15 seconds On / 45 seconds Off). I only do 4 minutes out of 10 for the warm up so I'm not very warm by the time I get to the kickboxing machine. But I do bust a good sweat in a few rounds because I'm less worried about really bruising my already battered knuckles. The gloves are a pain though because you have to take them off in order to sip the water bottle, and to tap the Continue Button after you hit the machine too hard and it stops you with that idiot Warning screen. Luckily, they slide off fairly quickly, but everything is slick with sweat. I'm not even sure how you air these things out.

I'm going to cut back and only hit the machine once next week, probably Friday, which is Halloween. I've got some black and orange clothes I can wear to match my over-sized black gloves. My Accuracy is down and so is my Power, probably because my hands still hurt, even with these gloves. But I get a good cardio workout that really tests my arm and shoulder endurance. You know you're tired when you notice that holding your hands up in front of your face is making your shoulders ache. I should go back to doing DB Lateral Raises next week, but I'll ease back into them.


I get a nice woman in the locker room to take a photo of me with my gloves on and we chat a bit about how much punching the bag hurts. Maybe because we have such small boney hands. Oh well... The gym scale reads 108.8 lbs which is fine since I demolished the 1.5 liters of water in my bottle. Now, off to the Home Depot to get plywood for the new printer...

Friday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.76 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)
  Accuracy 96% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 132%


10 min elliptical = 2 min steady state + 8 min Tabata  = 0.74 miles

photo posted for actual stats:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...