Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shoot, Even I Think I'm Fast

I had to write a list out in order to remember all the stuff I gotta do. Found out it's cheaper to book airline tickets directly than using the time-share travel agent (the agent herself actually told me this!) because they don't get any fees from the airlines. So to save myself $25 per person on fees, I looked online and discovered that I can save an additional $75 per person if I do something like book with AA and depart out of JFK but return to LaGuardia. Good thing I'm planning on using a car service instead of long-term parking!

Oh, can't forget to book a dog sitter. And renew the dog's license this month. And pay for next year's summer camp. And triple check to see if my son wants to attend the mini-camp on Monday because there's no school and camp is offering activities and lunch from 10-3. He'd see old friends, but he's not terribly enthused. My guess is that he'd rather be playing Minecraft and camp is strictly no electronic devices.

I still haven't taken apart the S900 Canon printer but I've cleared my son's playroom table and covered it with newspapers. Meanwhile, the new Canon Pixima printer arrived today so I dragged the box in and left it by the sofa in the living room. Now to call the plumber, get the laundry into the dryer, and finalize the Invitational Postcard for my November show at the library.

As per my HIIT cardio and kickboxing routine, I do 10 minutes of cardio with 4 min standard Tabata (15 sec On / 15 sec Off), stretch and then attack the Nexersys. 12 rounds Beginner followed by 3 rounds Intermediate. The purple band across the screen is bigger than it used to be. The machine is still glitchy for certain rounds. But I notice that I can be really, really fast on my combinations, especially the Jab Cross rounds. I don't think it's my imagination either. But it could be.

I finish with 10 more minutes of cardio: 2 min steady state followed by 8 minutes of 15 sec On / 30 sec Off. It feels pretty good. A quick lower and upper back stretch and some crunches. I cut my reps down to 25 per set. I smell like cat pee. Ugh. I read an article last month that suggests that people who train very hard see changes to odd things like their saliva, leading, inexplicably to more cavities. I know my dentist has been complaining lately that I have more tartar than usual, although I'm fairly compulsive about brushing and flossing. Another thing I've recently noticed is that my sweat seems different. Now the white tape on my knuckles are stained yellow when I unwrap. And now there are sweat stains on the whites sections of my workout clothes. I wash my gear as soon as I get home but still the stains persist. Thank goodness for black clothes!

Wednesday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.81 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)   Accuracy 96% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 140%

Nexersys 3 rounds Intermediate Follow Me (12 min)

  Accuracy 84% / Strikes 101% / Average Power 98%

10 min elliptical = 2 min steady state + 8 min Tabata = 0.74 miles

3x 25 Crunches

photos posted for actual stats: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...