Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pulling Back Is Hard to Do

Today's Selfie
Because I feel a bit tired and have a slight sinus infection, I'm forcing myself to cut back in my workouts. Well, at least I tried to. The only thing I did manage to pull back on was the initial 3 miles on the LifeFitness cross-trainer this morning. Instead of 30 minutes, I programmed it for 20 and then went on with the rest of my routine.

When I got to the Smith machine, the bench was pulled out of the way and the bar half-way down, like someone had prepped it for me to do Inverted Rows. I'm suspicious like that. There's no Adjustable Inclined Bench readily available so I pull the Flat Bench back under the bar and do Smith Flat Bench Presses, keeping my feet up on the bench because I can't really reach the floor properly. It's been a long time since I've benched flat and it doesn't feel too bad although once I start going heavier, I have to put wrist wraps on. But I haven't worn elbow wraps for months now and I'm quite pleased about that. I can probably bench more than the 120 lbs for 8 if I cut down on my warm up sets. So far my right shoulder has only threatened to become problematic, but I don't actually feel any damage so I keep going.

Some Smith RG BB Rows and then a quick set of Smith Speed Squats before a few Smith SLDLs. Everything feels good. I am initially surprised at being unable to move the 195 lbs on the Lower Back Extension machine, but that's because the belt is set too loose. Once I tighten it, I don't have any problems getting three sets of 15 reps. Even GHRs are okay today. But the Speed Squats definitely make the Pistol Squats I do later a bit tenuous. Oh well.

I'm sporadically handing out the postcard invitations to my photo show next month. I got a box of 100 printed and figure that since they only have a shelf life of 3 weeks, I'd better start distributing them. I give one to B and her friend T. And one to each of the staff at the Front Desk. And even one to R who seems genuinely pleased. I don't hand one out to the Mayor and his cronies because I'm not sure I want them at my reception. People are surprised that I have skills other than being a bad-ass at the gym. My mother used to tell me I was a "Jack of All Trades", but then she'd follow it with "And A Master of None." My mother was good with giving you back-handed compliments. She said it was the Chinese way. I think she was just mean sometimes.

When I see D, I'll definitely give her one as well. She's the only person I've spoken to so far who completely understands my frustration with trying to repair my old printer and then the hassles of purchasing a new one because she's had several from the same manufacturer. She even told me how to sell the unopened packs of premium ink I still have since they were purchased in a multi-pack and I can't return that. The gym scale reads 110.4 lbs and that's okay considering how badly I've been eating since my husband's home. Of course, he's leaving for Boston tomorrow and won't be back until Saturday. I just want him to be home to help my hang my show.

Tuesday Workout


Calorie :   96 CAL
Distance: 2.33 mile
Speed :    6.93 mph
Duration : 00:20:00
160
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 110x12
Set 5 : 120x10
Set 6 : 80x25
154
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 110x12
Set 5 : 110x12
Set 6 : 110x12
55
Set 1 : 30x25
140
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
292.5
Set 1 : 195x15
Set 2 : 195x15
Set 3 : 195x15

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep

Calorie :   236 CAL
Distance: 2.12 mile
Duration : 00:25:00

Set 1 : 00:01:10

Set 1 : 17 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 17 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 17 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 112x5
Set 2 : 112x5
Set 3 : 112x3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...