Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Rebellion is Brewing

When it rains, it pours. FedEx called yesterday to tell me that they were delivering my new printer today but that they needed a signature. I managed to contact a real live human and had a message sent to the driver to call me with a delivery time. After all, I can't just wait around all day for the delivery guy! Luckily he called just after I'd put my son on the school bus and I hadn't left for the gym yet. What great timing! He showed up 30 minutes later with the printer, extra ink and paper samples. Yay! Of course, the new printer is bigger than the old one so I already know that I need to get a piece of 30x20 plywood for my printer table. And it's raining today.

When I get home from the gym, there's another box waiting at the front door. It's another FedEx delivery, but this time it's my matte board and frames. Yay! The lovely sales rep at Blick.com told me to expect them no later than next Monday. Okay, I'm resigned to using what prints I have for my November show, but it'd be really grand if my new Pixima Pro100 worked better than my old S900. But at least I'm not dependent on it. That's one thing I'm really not comfortable with, being dependent.

I modify my HIIT cardio for more rest time and am surprised to see my SPMs (Strides Per Minute) pop up from a max of 270 to 282. When I first walk into the gym, I note a new person smacking the right-side Nexersys. I've never ever noticed this person before, and I can't even tell if it's male or female due to the unisex T-shirt and long pants. It's tall and skinny with glasses and an odd haircut that'd be longish for a guy (but not impossible) or a middle-aged woman. The person strikes blows with knees and elbows which means they're doing an Intermediate Level program, but their movement is so odd that it reminds me of a puppet. They're also slightly bucktooth. They're the perfect image of a stereotypic geek but I can't quite place where or who. And they're gone by the time I get to whack the machine.

My knuckles are on the verge of complete rebellion today even though they're wrapped and taped. Because they start to sting and burn halfway through the session, I know that my scores aren't going to be any better than Mondays. Between rounds 11 and 12, my godawful neighbor V stops by to chat and it's all I can do to be polite. There's only 60 seconds between rounds and I don't want to have to adjust my earphones, etc just for him to blather about the shed at the lake. I don't really know what he's rambling about (and I actually don't care either) but I suspect he's just trying to ingratiate himself into my good graces. Apparently he's been trying to push other neighbors into taking him shopping or running errands for him. And no one wants to do it. Because his attitude (before he got "sick") was that he couldn't be bothered to write down people's phone numbers, or emails, or save their text messages. It was always the other person who had to make the effort to contact him. Even though he's the one nagging about how lonely he is. What he really is, is an emotional vampire.

My knuckles still sting and burn so next week I'll cut back to just one day. But what will I do with myself the other 4 days. I guess I could intersperse lifting and other types of cardio... before I suffer from a complete rebellion.

Wednesday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.79 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 136%


10 min elliptical = 2 min steady state + 8 min Tabata  = 0.73 miles

50 crunches

photo posted for actual stats:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...