Thursday, October 9, 2014

When You Can See the Payoff It's Worth It

Today's Selfie
Last night when I was getting into bed I noticed something different about my stomach. I couldn't quite put my finger on it and let the thought go. Maybe it was just an odd angle or the way the light and shadows fall? My son and I went to bed too late again although we've been good about not having the TV on in the evenings since we've been busy with kung fu, elementary school HW and Chinese school HW. Tonight I have to take him with me to the Cub Scouts planning committee meeting because my husband, who is an actual den leader, is still in Boston. So, I'm tired when I get up this morning. I think I won't even make 5 miles today. But I do.

I think I won't be able to do all three sets of 50 push ups. But I do, although the last set had me panting a bit. I think I'm going to have trouble with my Hammer Grip Pull Ups, but I get the first two sets without any problems. I'm not sure whether to count the last two reps of the last set because I can only get to eye level with the bar instead of getting my chin up to it. WTH, I count each as a half and give myself 11 reps for the last set.

I surprise myself and muscle through my three sets of Inverted Rows at the Smith machine. And three sets of 12 reps of Glute Ham Raises. These are definitely harder today. I'm needing to assist more with my arms than usual. But the Lower Back Extension machine is okay and three sets at 195 lbs is still not really all that hard. My right calf is sore from kickboxing so I alternate between pedaling forward and backward on the elliptical, and I still get my 2 miles which brings my total mileage to just over 5.4. Cool. The first two sets of Dive Bomber Push Ups are always easy, before I drop into a plank. Then the next set of DBPUs is much harder. Hamstring stretches follow, interspersed with Pistol Squats. I'm trying to work on strength, flexibility and endurance simultaneously. Crazy, right?

The gym scale reads 108 lbs. Better than yesterday's 109.4 lbs. My home scale gives me better news: 106.8 lbs and 19.2% BF. Yaaay! My husband is suppose to be back from Boston either tomorrow or Saturday. I miss him. But I know as soon as he's home, the TV will be on, and my son will want to spend time playing video games with him. And there will be a ton of snack food in the house. Sigh. We do plan to go the Massachusetts Renaissance Faire in Carver this Sunday. Heck, it's only a 3 hour drive and the weather promises to be sunny.

Thursday Workout

N/A
Calorie :   142 CAL
Distance: 3.36 mile
Speed :    6.66 mph
Duration : 00:30:00
50
Set 1 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 50 Laps/Reps
154
Set 1 : 110x12
Set 2 : 110x12
Set 3 : 110x11
292.5
Set 1 : 195x15
Set 2 : 195x15
Set 3 : 195x15
154
Set 1 : 110x12
Set 2 : 110x12
Set 3 : 110x12

12
Set 1 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 12 Laps/Reps
N/A
Calorie :   228 CAL
Distance: 2.05 mile
Duration : 00:25:00
N/A
Set 1 : 00:01:05

15
Set 1 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 15 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 15 Laps/Reps
128.33
Set 1 : 110x5
Set 2 : 110x5
Set 3 : 110x3

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...