Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Abbreviated Cardio Kickboxing

Today's a double post because I didn't get around to posting yesterday. But I did work out although I did cut back a bit. I'm fighting a mild sinus infection and feel a bit run-down. Perfect for the seasonal changes to knock my body's immunity for a loop.

The Nexersys kickboxing machine isn't getting any better and there are times when I actually can't read anything on the screen. I modified my Tabata and cut the rounds on the kickboxing. Two days rest is not enough time to heal bruised knuckles so whacking the machine was a bit more painful than I'd like. But it's not enough to stop me from doing it. Maybe I'm dumb like that. But I note that even at only 12 rounds, it's a lot of punishment in total amount of blows. (Image at lower right shows Total Blows vs how many blows the machine actually called for.)


Monday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.76 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me (48 min)
  Accuracy 95% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 138%


10 min elliptical = 2 min steady state + 6 min Tabata + 2 min steady state = 0.76 miles


photo posted for actual stats: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...