Monday, November 3, 2014

Back in the Saddle

The show is up and my new printer seems to work the way my old one did so I'm pretty happy. Which means I can concentrate on other things I've been meaning to get to, like cleaning out the clothes closet and emptying a corner of the living room of accumulated toys that my son really no longer plays with. I just have to do it while he's not home. It's November already, which also means I should probably get the repair guy to come fix my oven. Sigh. The electrician is suppose to stop by this week and service the generator, and replace my kitchen ceiling light. I'd like to have a fixture that actually works regardless of whether it's raining or not. I should probably set new mouse traps as well. The disgusting smell in the hall last week was just one tiny little mouse body.

It's 37°F when I take the dog for a walk so I bundle my son into the car and drive him down to the school bus stop. We could walk but he's got his viola to carry as well. At the bottom of the hill is the kindergartner and her dad. Usually it's her mom. We chat until the bus comes and then, since I have all my gear in the car anyway, I get to the gym early. I only have to be mindful of my time since I have an eye doc appointment at 1:45 pm across the county and I have to stop off at the post office and the bank on the way. Luckily, it's not a very big county.

I haven't added any tricep work back into my routine yet but I do extend my cardio time to make my 5+ miles today. There's a woman doing T-bar rows at the Smith so I plop myself onto the Breaker Inclined Bench for a few sets. I still hate this equipment, but not as much as I hate the Flat Breaker Benches. Once she vacates the Smith, I grab all my gear and claim it before someone else realizes it's free. The adjustable inclined bench is facing the wrong way for me to do Flat Benching but I leave it because it's facing the right way for Inclined Benching. Next time I'm going to put my feet where I put my head today because it makes a big difference to my wrists when I'm flat benching and I need to rotate the bar out (away from the frame). I get my sets, but my wrists are sore from it.

While I'm working out, I think I see the kindergartner's dad at the cable stations across the room. But I'm not actually going to go see if it's really him. Because I'm in the middle of working out. It wouldn't be the first time that people who know me vaguely have been surprised to see me at the gym. Not so much surprised that I'm at the gym. Just surprised at how I look, and how much weight I can push/pull. Because I'm not a very big person. And that's the way I like it.

Monday Workout

Calorie :   145 CAL
Distance: 3.67 mile
Speed :    7.32 mph
Duration : 00:30:09
105
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 65x12
Set 3 : 75x12
168
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 100x12
Set 4 : 120x12
Set 5 : 100x12
Set 6 : 90x20
140
Set 1 : 30x15
Set 2 : 80x15
Set 3 : 100x12
28
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12
Set 4 : 20x12
Set 5 : 20x12
Set 6 : 20x12
37.5
Set 1 : 20x20
Set 2 : 25x15
Set 3 : 25x15
Set 4 : 20x15
Calorie :   227 CAL
Distance: 2.05 mile
Duration : 00:25:03
Set 1 : 00:01:10
20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
128.33
Set 1 : 110x5
Set 2 : 110x5
Set 3 : 110x3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...