Monday, May 16, 2016

Abbreviated Workout

I have a doc appt at 12:45 so I plan to do just cardio. And of course a few body weight movements, like push ups, crunches, planks, pull ups. Simple.

I'm on the more difficult cross-trainer and it shows in the lower mileage I track. I'm wearing my Ryka's which are comfy and soft, and wholly unsuitable for any sort of heavy lifting. No SLDLs or squats in these shoes! But since I'm only planning to do body weight exercises, they're fine for today.


It's so much colder today that I actually put my down coat on to walk the dog this morning. It was 38F. I still had my fleece hat on when I drove to the gym, but traded my down coat for several hoodies. I actually kept my ratty blue workout hoodie on the entire time I was at the gym. I just make it to my doc's appt on time. Afterwards I have several errands to do before rushing home to meet the school bus. My husband is actually home this week, commuting to his office in Ct. It feels strange to have him home and we keep tripping over each other. He tells me his next project, when Boston ends, will be in Houston, but he's damn well not planning to live out there for weeks at a time. Well alright!

During the standard breast palpitations I tell him that I feel soreness. He says the breasts are fine, it's the underlying muscles underneath that are sore. I wouldn't've thought that push ups could do that! I also mention that I've been experiencing some vaginal issues related to the post-menopause drop in hormones, i.e., painful sex and some faint bleeding. He's happy to prescribe a mild vaginal estrogen cream. He tells me that it's localized and won't affect any other parts of me, or my husband. We briefly discuss the difference between progesterone and estrogen creams, and the scientific paperwork on them. I'm pleasantly surprised that this prescription costs a lot less than the mail-order estradial cream from Smoky Mountain. (I'm going to use this prescription cream and see how it affects me. And I'll have my experience with the Smoky Mountain cream to compare it with.) He tells me to come back in 6-8 weeks for a follow-up to see if this treatment will alleviate my discomfort. He's a firm believer in enjoying the next third of one's life. After all, this is middle age -- not old age, now.

Monday's Abbreviated Workout
(5.93 miles cardio)


Warm Up
Calorie :   127 CAL
Distance: 3.42 mile
Speed :    6.83 mph
Duration : 00:30:05
209.07
Set 1 : 112x26
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
100
Set 1 : 100 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:00:30
Set 2 : 00:00:30
Set 3 : 00:00:30
Set 4 : 00:00:30
50
Set 1 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 50 Lap/Rep
Set 1 : 00:00:30
Set 2 : 00:00:30
Set 3 : 00:00:30
Set 4 : 00:00:30
Prgm#1
Calorie :   281 CAL
Distance: 2.51 mile
Duration : 00:30:00
209.07
Set 1 : 112x26

2 comments:

  1. Glad your doc is on board with you on your issues. And cheaper is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your doc is on board with you on your issues. And cheaper is good!

    ReplyDelete

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...