Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cardio Tuesday is Really Double Feature Tuesday

I was dragging a bit when I got to the gym today so I didn't have enough time to hit the ellipticals twice. Instead, I did my standard 10 minutes which included 4 minutes of Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off), stretched a bit and then went toe to toe with the Nexersys machine. I figure I'd do 15 rounds today and do a split session on Thursday since I'll have more time then.

The machine behaved for the most part although the glare on the screen gets distracting. I'm drenched by the time 15 rounds is over and just barely have time to change, shower and toss my gear into my car. I make it into the theater to see Get On Up just as the last preview is ending. There is only one other person in the theater and he walks out half-way through the movie. It's a good flick although the narrative style is a bit disjointed as it zigs back and forth between past, present, further past, and times in between. The lead, Chad Boseman, is absolutely magnetic. I enjoyed the movie but I know my son and husband would've been bored. While I'm in the theater, my husband texts me that testing is a success and he's on his way home a day early. Yay!

After dinner, we go to see Hercules. It's less a special effects spectacle than a battle flick pitting good against evil, jumping the shark when leaders are shown to be ultimate villains. Still, I enjoyed watching it, although I spent half the time discussing armor and shield walls with my son. My husband is on the fence about the movie. I'm surprised that the theater is actually half full for this late showing. Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers were both more spectacularly action-packed than Hercules. And the graphic style of the latter does lend itself to obvious comparisons with The 300. Next week we'll catch Ninja Turtles.

Tuesday Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state

Cage Stretch

Nexersys 15 rounds (60 min) Beginner Follow Me 
  Accuracy 97%  /  Strikes 100%  / Average Power 134%

photo for actual stats:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...