Thursday, August 21, 2014

End of Summer Blues

Yesterday's Selfie
I'm just logging my workout now at 11:30 pm because it's been one long long day starting with taking my son to the gym this morning and discovering not very many kids in the Child Care Room. Every one seems to take vacation right before school starts and I can't blame them. My son is hoping that the new Nintendo 3DS my husband ordered via Amazon Prime will be waiting for us when we return to the house so he' perfectly willing to do errands with me after the gym.

Ten minutes of cardio which includes 4 minutes of Tabata gets me a little warm, but not enough to perspire. I'm well into round 5 of 12 at the Beginner Level Follow Me program before I feel sweaty. The machine is still glitchy, especially in the Intermediate Level when the machine flashes so many different target spots that I'm not sure whether I should hit them or not. I've taken to wrapping tape over knuckles of both hands before using the cloth wraps. It makes it a bit difficult to stuff my hands into my gloves, but I manage and my hands don't look bruised when I'm done. Three rounds of Intermediate Level is enough for today since I want to finish with 10 more minutes of cardio (and 5 Tabata).

The TV on the recumbent bike just diagonally in front of my elliptical has a synchronization issue and I swear to myself that it's going to give me epilepsy. It's hard not to be affected by the erratic pulsing light flashing in my peripheral vision as I keep track of my time and speed. I'd like to turn the TV off but then I'd have to start over on my cardio and I really don't have the time. I do seem to move slower in the locker room when I'm changing to shower. Maybe it's true that things take longer after a workout because your brain is actually experiencing a time lag of sorts.

My son is surrounded by very small children when I retrieve him from the Child Care Room. We need to buy groceries and school supplies before heading off to Connecticut for a play date with his best friend. They've barely seen each other all summer since they go to different schools and different summer camps. Tomorrow will be my son's last day at camp, and in a way, I think he's relieved. He says he just wants to sleep in for a bit and this weekend seems perfect for that although we are planning to hit the Renaissance Faire again on Sunday. Tomorrow is also Back and Triceps Day. Yaaay! I'll have my son in tow all next week and for half the following week. I'm ready to adjust my workout again. Maybe a version of the Shred Program...

Thursday Double Cardio Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.81 miles

Cage Stretch

Nexersys Kickboxing 12 rounds Beginner Level
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 135%
3 rounds Intermediate Level
  Accuracy 84% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 96%

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 5 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.8 miles

Photos posted for actual stats:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...