Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cardio Bliss Thursday

It's such a nice day, sunny yet cool and breezy, that I was shocked at how few people were at the gym this morning. Because my son is at camp all week, I didn't have to rush my workout. Yay! Did my 10 min cardio warmup with 4 min Tabata but realized that doing Legs on Wednesday, sandwiched between two cardio days, makes it all the harder. By the time I came back to do my 2nd set of cardio (10 min with 5 min Tabata), I wasn't really sure I'd be able to do it. Afterwards, I put my hoodie back on and lay down on the Mat to stretch out my lower back. Kickboxing the Nexersys machine seems to make my lower back a tad achy. Not quite sure why though. I don't think it's the kicking per se. Actually, I think it's the twisting torque from throwing a Cross right after a Jab because I'm standing Left side forward.

12 rounds at Beginner Level felt pretty good. The following 3 rounds at Intermediate Level, especially the last round with it's crazy onslaught of combinations, kicked my butt. But I felt really good when I got done, albeit, a bit soggy. Then I rushed home to toss my gym gear into the washer, and headed out to test drive some cars.

I was a bit disappointed because the gal I spoke to on the phone was not the salesperson and had actually misrepresented what inventory the dealership had in stock. Still, I got to test drive a 2015 Forester. I love how it's so adjustable I didn't even need the 3 pillows I use in my current car to boost me high enough to see over the steering wheel. It handles as nice as my car too. It's just way too expensive. But of course, I didn't tell them that. Just that I had to talk it over with my hubs.

Double Cardio Thursday Workout

10 min Precor = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off) + 3 min steady state
Cage Stretch

Nexersys Kickboxing Follow Me Avatar Program

  12 rounds Beginner
  Accuracy 98% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 133%

  3 rounds Intermediate
  Accuracy 85% / Strikes 96% / Average Power 98%

10 min Precor = 2 min steady state + 5 min Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off) + 3 min steady state

Photos for actual stats:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...