Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Back the Groove

Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty spectacularly awesome! And fun. I'd see it again. But I'd see Transformers again too. And I still want to see the new Hercules flix (with Dwayne Johnson). Today my son is at camp and I'm doing Legs. I haven't seen Island Jerk all week. Yay! However, the gym is still crowded, but since I've altered my routine a tad, I'm able to do all my exercises without any problems. I actually even logged in 5+ miles for cardio today. Double yay!

Someone walked away from the Smith with 25s still on the bar. Honestly, do they just forget to re-rack, or are they expecting the maid to come by? I try to move the Inclined Bench out of the way and it nearly topples over. One of the 3 Latino dudes rushes over to give me a hand. Maybe they're brothers but as they get younger, they seem to get taller and thinner. The big one is the one I call Latin Baseball. He's always got a gym bag full of bottles of this and that. It's the middle guy who helps move the bench. The skinny one always looks lost.

My right knee and quad complain a bit until I adjust my stance wider and straighter. Now it's just my back sounding all crunchy, like popping knuckles. The SLDLs go better than I expect and I'm actually able to keep my grip for a full 12-rep set at my heaviest, 160 lbs. Yay! Especially since my right hand spasmed while I was driving, and then my right elbow got weirdly painful while I was making dinner. Luckily for me, these events don't last long, even if they are disturbing and sudden.

I see a gal I haven't seen in several months. Last I'd heard, she'd sprained her foot and was in a cast for 3 months. She looks big. Really big. In profile I can see it's a baby bump. She tells me she just popped three days ago. Usually that happens after the 5th month. She already has a 3 yr old boy and now he's getting a brother. She's ecstatic, but hot. I tell her about my son and I popping into the various stores just to enjoy the coolness. She says she's got her A/C on full blast when she sleeps, while her husband is wrapped in blankets and quilts.

I do a quick Cage Stretch (hamstrings and calves), then a mere 3 sets at Seated Leg Extensions. Also only a mere 3 sets of GHRs at the Lat Pull Down machine. More cardio, then a full Mat Stretch with the standard 1 minute plank, 3 sets of Dive Bomber Push Ups (each set with progressively narrower hand placement), splits, upper and lower back stretches. I've been slowly adding Pistol Squats back into my routine as well. I'm up to 4 in a continuous alternating foot motion as I step backwards toe-to-heel on the mat. After 4 (8 steps) I run out of mat. But it's enough for now. Crunches and Pulse-Ups are the finisher. Done!

Leg Day Workout

Exercise Name
1 RM
Lifting Logs
Calorie :   96 CAL
Distance: 2.19 mile
Speed :    6.52 mph
Duration : 00:20:00
224
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x12
Set 6 : 130x20
224
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x13
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x12
Set 6 : 130x12
189
Set 1 : 75x12
Set 2 : 105x12
Set 3 : 135x12

Set 1 : 25 x 50 lbs
Set 2 : 25 x 50 lbs

Set 1 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 12 Laps/Reps
Calorie :   331 CAL
Distance: 2.94 mile
Duration : 00:35:00
Set 1 : 01:02:00
12
Set 1 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 1 : 4 Laps/Reps
Crunches : 50 Laps/Reps
Pulse Ups : 50 Laps/Reps
Crunches : 50 Laps/Reps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...