Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Working for that Sweat

There is nothing more disconcerting than huffing away after a breathless 4 minutes of Tabata on the elliptical, only to find that you're barely warm. I do a full 10 minutes of cardio which included the 4 minutes of 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off, and I'm not sweating. Not even a little. After a quick Cage Stretch to relax my hamstrings, I amble over to the Nexersys and pull off my hoodie. I'm not hot, but this is the one exercise that is guaranteed to soak your clothes. Today I have tape over both my knuckles because I noticed that my left hand is starting to get a bruised look. Maybe I'm my strength is starting to even out?

I only tap in 13 rounds (54 minutes) Beginner Round because I'm at the gym a tad late (let my son sleep in a bit) and then we're off to catch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 3D at the cinema next door. We don't normally see the 3D flicks, but this one starts at 11:15 am and the regular 2D showing doesn't begin until 12:45 pm. There's nothing to do in the interim except go grocery shopping but that would necessitate actually unloading groceries at home and then making a return trip just for the movies. No point in doing that!

I catch glimpses of regulars working out all around me while I kick, jab and punch the machine. The men and younger women seem intrigued, the older women intimidated. Not my problem. They can just as easily get a pair of gloves and do a few Beginner rounds.

The Turtle movie is entertaining but seems visually dark. Maybe it's the 3D but even Megan Fox seems muted and muddy. It still doesn't help at all that the theme song from Guardians of the Galaxy is STILL running through my head. Oh well. Tomorrow is Leg Day.

Next week will be a totally abbreviated workout week since there's no more camp and school hasn't started yet. Which means my son will be with me the entire week. My husband is in Boston this entire week and celebrated his 47th by taking himself out for sushi dinner. Next week he'll be in Canada. Business of course.

Tuesday Abbreviated Cardio Workout

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off) + 3 min steady state

Nexersys: 13 rounds Beginner Follow Me Avatar 
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 135%

Photo posted for stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...