Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Abbreviated Week Day Two

My son and I get to the gym at 9:30 but since this is the last week of August, there are hardly any kids in the Child Care Room. He's bummed but not completely surprised. We are, aferall, going to see Guardians of the Galaxy again at 11:15, but this time with friends.

My right knee starts to bother me during the intense pace of Tabata. I'm a bit worried now. I'm warmed up and do a quick abbreviated Cage Stretch. No kicks or high stretches. There's a new employee at the front desk. Most disappear after a few days. Since he seems to be young and in reasonable shape, I ask him to move the left Nexersys so that it's totally on the mat instead of having it's left foot half on and half off. He actually has to move the other machine inorder to accomplish this, and when he's done, he's also inadvertently fixed the glare problem on my screen. Yay!

I don't have enough time to do the full hour of kickboxing, especially if I want to shower and change into clean clothes. I do 12 rounds and am thoroughly sweaty by the time I'm done. It's enough for today. We meet our friends at the theatre two doors down and get our $5 tickets. Guardians of the Galaxy is just as much fun the 2nd time around! The rest of the day is crazy busy as we go to lunch at a local diner, check out the archery shop for information on Youth Archery Leagues, and finally end with an impromptu play date at our house. My son is very happy.

Afterwards, I finally sort through the 6 pints of blueberries I've had in the fridge for the past week.Ten and a half cups of blueberries, 2 cups of sugar, juice of 1/2 lemon and zest of 1/2 lemon and cook for close to three hours. It's jam! The original recipe called for 6 cups of sugar and 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp of zest and 1/4 tsp of salt. Salt? I taste my jam and think it's fine the way I've made it. Yay! Tomorrow I get to do another abbreviated full body workout before attempting to process the 1/2 bushel of peaches sitting on my kitchen chair. Oh boy...

Day Two

10 min elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state = 0.79 miles

Nexersys 12 rounds Beginner Follow Me Avatar (48 minutes)
  Accuracy 98% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 135%

Photo for actual stats:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...