Monday, August 25, 2014

Day One Abbreviated BodyWeight Workout

Today's Selfie
I warned my son that there might not be any kids in the Child Care room today because it's the week before school starts and a lot of families take vacation before the Labor Day weekend. There were a few kids but none of the regular crowd. Of course, he's not usually at the gym on a Monday anyway.

I'm mindful of the time so I've modified my workout this week to keep my 5+ miles of cardio but to utilize body weight exercises so that I'm not thwarted by equipment access issues. After 25 minutes on the LifeFitness Cross-trainer, I stretch out at the Cage and then do a set of pull ups. Since they're close grip, neutral palm (palms facing each other), I figure this is the least damaging pull up hand position. I can only get 8 real pull ups. Then I wander over to the Mats to see how many push ups I can do. I have to pause for two breaths at the 40 count. Then again at 45, but I get my 50 push ups. Yay!

Then back to the Cage to do another set of pull ups. Again, only 8. Then down for push ups. This time I only get 40. The last set of pull ups is okay until I get to 6. The last two are hard. Then back down for push ups. I pause at 25. Then get another 5. Then pause. Another 5. I'm not sure where but I seem to have lost count. Aarg. Done.

I pedal on the elliptical for another 30 minutes and get my total mileage up past 5 so I'm happy. I have enough time to squeeze in a Mat Stretch but I start with crunches and pulse-ups because that's as much Mat as I can inch onto. A big tall dude and his two tweenage sons are hogging the mats and there's no where else to stretch out since the floors are being redone in the big mirrored class room. When they leave, I bounce into a full Mat Stretch and toss in a half dozen Pistol Squats just because. But of course, that's not in my log. I skip the plank but at least my upper and lower back are stretched.

Tomorrow I'll whack the Nexersys for an hour and do a bit of Tabata. Like I always do on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Then we'll rush off to meet friends to see Guardians of the Galaxy again. They haven't seen it, but I don't mind seeing it again. At least that crazy song isn't stuck in my head anymore.


Elliptical Training
Calorie : 120 CAL
Distance: 2.97 mile
Speed : 7.15 mph
Duration : 00:25:00

Pull Ups
8
Set 1 : 8 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 8 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 8 Laps/Reps

Push Up
50
Set 1 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 40 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 30 Laps/Reps


Elliptical Training
Calorie : 254 CAL
Distance: 2.35 mile
Duration : 00:30:00

Crunches/PulseUp/Crunches
Set 1 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 50 Laps/Reps

Dive Bomber Pushup
12
Set 1 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 12 Laps/Reps

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...