Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Unhappy Knees

Today is another abbreviated workout. I know, some people only have an hour for their workout and it's damn near impossible to do everything like cardio, stretch and lift weights, and then shower and change all within 60 minutes. And here I am complaining about the two hour window I have when my son is in the Child Care room. Island Jerk hasn't glommed all the Oly bars but I don't want to rush through my Back workout, so I swap it for Legs. And I front-load the cardio. Five miles on the elliptical. It takes me 54 minutes because I'm a tad slow today. My knees aren't real happy with me. Actually a lot of my joints are sporadically achy lately. For all my insect bites and touch of poison ivy (I'm sure the dog gave it to me), I don't think I have any tick bites. So I'm ruling Lyme disease out.

The Smith machine is free and I get my Squats done. I usually adjust my stance wide with my toes angled out slightly in order to keep my knees and lower back happy. I do a few SLDLs at the Smith as well but I've got one eye on the clock. Again, I keep twisting the bar as I pull up at the heavier weight, causing the bar to catch on the rack. It's annoying. I only do one set of 8 reps at the heaviest weight. And I completely skip Seated Leg Extensions today. But I make sure to do three sets of GHRs at the Lat Pull Down machine. The thumb to my right hand suddenly aches as if I've sprained it, making the weird push up movement a tad awkward. But I can knock them out okay. Then a Mat Stretch because my shoulders and upper back are tight from yesterday's 15 rounds. No plank. I can do abs tomorrow. The gym scale reads 111.8 lbs and I still have half my water bottle.

Tomorrow is another Tabata and kickboxing the machine day, but because my knees are feeling weird, I'm laying off the Intermediate Level for a while. There's no Sweep or Knee-In at the Beginner Level so I'll probably just do another 15-round session (60 minutes). But I'll have time to add another Tabata session afterwards as well. I'm liking it already.

Abbreviate Leg Day Workout


Calorie :   427 CAL
Distance: 5 mile
Duration : 00:55:00
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x12
Set 1 : 30x12
Set 2 : 80x12
Set 3 : 120x12
Set 4 : 140x12
Set 5 : 160x8

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 12 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...