Friday, July 11, 2014

Mix-It-Up Friday

I actually look forward to Back Workouts even though it's the last day of the week. All the Precors are busy so I use one of the old LifeFitness cross-trainers. I do slightly more than 2 miles in 20 minutes which makes me wonder if perhaps the mileage gauge is wrong on the Precor. Why is it taking me so long to log 2 or 3 miles in 20 or 30 minutes? Maybe it's not me. I don't know how to determine this.

The barbell area isn't too busy. M has a loaded Oly bar so I finagle a bar off the Incline Bench. Just as I put the first 45 lb plate on my bar, I see that he's unloading his. I ask him if he's done. He is. So I tell him to leave the remaining plates. He seems surprised because he says "You can handle this weight?" I tell him that he's saving me from just having to wrangle the plates back on; I just have to put that other bar back, and he actually helps me do that. I ask him if he uses the mats. He doesn't, but then again, he's never thought to use them either. Oh, I say, I figure that with class in session, the mats make it less noisy. That's probably the most conversation I've had with him. Other regulars must've noticed because when I'm done with my sets and start to wrestle the plates off, another fellow steps over and gives me a hand. It's one of B's HS classmates. I'm a little weirded out.

But the RG BB Rows feel pretty good today. I get extra reps in just because I can. Because I've decided not to use the Lat Pull Down for a while, I grab a bench and a 55 lb DB. I did DB rows last week so let's see if I can do them again after doing BB Rows. They're hard but not impossible. What's really aggravating me is the tall skinny woman who decides to do her DB Lateral Raises right next to me. I'm completely freaked out that she's going to bean me in the head. She has room to her right, but maybe she's too weak to move the Adjustable Inclined Bench that no one's using? I'm plugged in so maybe I don't know how loud I'm muttering, but I'm definitely cursing under my breath. I would move to my left if it didn't put me directly in line with the Squat rack. It's perpendicular to the bench area and Big Glasses Dude is squatting. I'm always aware of who's around me and whether I've enough room. Crowding someone for no reason is just bad manners. Eventually she moves and does her lateral raises and DB lunges. In the Smith machine cage. Can we say Clueless?

Last week I did a set of Lower Back Extensions at 195 lbs, which is a PR for me. I wasn't sure if doing BB Rows first would have a negative effect though. I start off with a set at 180 lbs. Then 195 lbs. 15 reps feels okay. I do a few more sets. Yay! I completely forget about doing triceps until I'm up on the Precor, logging my second cardio session. I decide to only do 2 more miles. It takes forever, or longer than 20 minutes. When I'm done, I head back to the free weight area and do a few sets of Rip Crushers. I'd like to do some Tricep V-handle Press Downs but a kid has been hanging off that cable with a Lat bar since before I got on the elliptical. That's officially forever. Instead, I do a few sets of DB Tricep One-Arm Extensions.

Nothing left to do but stretch. The gym is filling up fast with HS kids now that noon is approaching. I do my Dive Bomber Push Ups, splits, a plank, more splits, upper and lower back stretches. Done! The gym scale reads 111.4 lbs. My home scale reads 110 lbs and 20.1% BF. I'm good with that. But I'd really really like it to finally drop below 20%. Maybe next time.

Friday Workout

Calorie :   96 CAL
Distance: 2.17 mile
Duration : 00:20:00
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 135x15
Set 3 : 155x12
Set 4 : 155x12
Set 5 : 155x15
Set 6 : 135x20
Set 7 : 135x20
Set 1 : 55x12
Set 2 : 60x10
Set 3 : 65x8
Set 4 : 65x8
Set 5 : 65x8
Set 1 : 180x15
Set 2 : 195x15
Set 3 : 195x15
Set 4 : 195x15
Set 1 : 25 x 50
Set 2 : 25 x 50
Calorie :   225 CAL
Distance: 2.01 mile
Duration : 00:24:00
Set 1 : 15x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 37.5x12
Set 4 : 37.5x12
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12

Set 1 : 00:01:00

Set 1 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 12 Lap/Rep

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...