Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Abbreviated Cardio Isn't Enough

Today was another super short cardio day. Maybe because it's been cooler than usual lately, but I didn't really bust a sweat doing my cardio warm up: 3 min Steady State, 4 min breathless Tabata, 3 min Steady State. Then some stretching at the Cage. There's a guy Sparring on the Left Nexersys so I get on the Right side, the one I used to use some months ago. I only do 11 rounds because I want a little time to stretch my shoulders afterwards, and then shower before my son and I rush off to catch the 11 am showing of Planes: Fire and Rescue.

Eleven rounds really isn't enough. I'm a bit sweaty when I'm done, but I'm not really done when it's over. I'm more annoyed. Because although the sensors seem to be working (mostly) and are sometimes overly sensitive (I stop the machine over a dozen times), again, the computer doesn't register the combination Power Kick/Jab/Cross and it lands me a big fat Zero for points.

When I review my data (in screen shot provided below, check out the first four rounds), I can see where my power is greater, my accuracy and strike scores are lower because the system actually detracts from your score, as if you'd totally missed the blow. It doesn't make sense but I guess it's meant to discourage you from really wailing on it. My knee is feeling better though so perhaps next time I'll add a few rounds of Intermediate level on Thursday. We don't have any movies to rush off to on that day although I still have a 2 hr time constraint, but it's a tad more flexible.

Tuesday Half-Ass Workout

Precor elliptical = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata (20 sec On / 10 sec Off) + 3 min steady state
Cage Stretch with BW calf raises & dips, kicks and hamstring stretches

Nexersys 11 rounds Beginner Level Follow Me Avatar
  Accuracy 90% / Strikes 95% / Average Power 141%

Shoulder and Upper Back Stretch at Cage

today's session:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...