Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cardio Blast

I am trying to cut back on my gym time. Really. Today I cut my elliptical sessions to just 10 minutes each, although I did incorporate 4 min of Tabata in the "warm up", and 5 min of Tabata in the "cool down". And I use those terms loosely. My upper back is a bit tight, and surprisingly, so are my hamstrings. I'm guessing those GHRs are really working. The Cage Stretch is mostly for hamstring and only takes a few minutes. Wrapping my hands and stuffing them into my gloves takes longer.

As much as I try to protect my hands, I find that I've skinned the pinky knuckle after today's 15 rounds. My left knee does take a bit of abuse with the Lead Kicks. My jabs range from decent power to a pathetic glance off the pad. I still stop the machine at odd moments. If I slow down, my accuracy is better. But not necessarily better power. Sometimes I get into a rhythm, stepping back and dancing forward one step to deliver the kick or blow. That feels awesome.

I glance at the clock to keep track. I've just enough time to do another quick cardio session. I cut my intro from 5 to 2 minutes, then pedal as fast as I can for 20 seconds. I'm barely walking, still panting when the 10 second rest is up and I have to pedal furiously again. For 5 minutes. Then I clip along at a quick steady pace for the remaining 3 minutes. And I feel good afterwards.

Tomorrow is Back and Triceps Day. I'm probably going to be sore. Oh well. I told my son we'd go to the gym this Saturday while my hubs is away at a Tracking seminar at Practical Primitive in NJ. Sunday we plan to visit a few art museums in New Haven CT and then eat at New Heaven's Taste of China restaurant — it comes highly recommended from my husband's co-worker, a Chinese national. We've checked out the menu online. It's not everyday you seen frog's legs and cuttlefish on the menu. I'm partial to duck myself.

Cardio Blast Thursday

10 min Precor elliptical includes 4 min Tabata

Cage Stretch includes BW heel dips & raises, side kicks, hamstring stretches

Nexersys 15 rounds Beginner Follow Me
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 100% / Average Power 135%

10 min Precor elliptical includes 5 min Tabata

photo posted for actual stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...