Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cardio Thursday

Fuzzy tricep photos from yesterday.
I'm dragging this morning because I stayed up too late watching Restaurant Impossible. I know it's silly because it's loaded on my DVR so I can watch it any time, but I usually wait until everyone is asleep to watch these sort of shows. I have my right hand pre-taped. My pointer finger is starting to feel better. All the bruised skin has peeled off my knuckles as well. I know the first 4 minutes of Tabata is going to hurt (my lungs mostly) but I still do it after 3 minutes of slow steady state. 10 minutes later and I'm barely moist. Bummer.

I start with the right machine which is the more popular of the two. It behaved okay on Tuesday, but today, after half a round of it arbitrarily not registering a blow and then screaming that I'm punching too hard, I exit and move over to the left machine. That's the machine with a foot pad half on the rubber matting and horrible screen glare. It's less popular. It's also less glitchy today. Not that it's perfect. It still doesn't register the one combo: Power Kick / Jab / Cross, which makes no sense because the data for each round shows number of strikes. I'm logging a big fat zero, but not missing the strikes. This goes on for rounds 8 and 9. On the final round (15), I log 100% for all my blows, but the system only rates my accuracy at 99%. And yet on other rounds, 100% means 100%. Go figure. I still got a good workout though.

The last 10 minutes of cardio (2 minutes steady state, 5 min Tabata, 3 min steady state) aren't as painful only because it takes me longer to ramp up. I'm just not able to reach the faster speeds in just 20 seconds. I'm not too concerned.

My son seems subdued when I get him from the Child Care room. He's upset about his size and weight again. He's not a fat kid but he is thicker than his peers (his arms and legs are twice the thickness of his best friends). But he's at the age where he's starting to notice whether he fits in or not. He wants to play a sport but he's not really interested in team sports. I'm going to sign him up for swim class again. He's an excellent swimmer, his strokes are effortless, like a jellyfish. The only kid's program suitable for him is the Olympia Excel which is basically stroke technique for racing. He likes golf too, but I don't think I can afford golf lessons now that the school has lost its after school golf and tennis program. He's also good at archery but there's no archery program either. We'll just have to figure it out.

Cardio Thursday

10 min cardio = 3 min steady state + 4 min Tabata + 3 min steady state
Cage Stretch

Nexersys 15 rounds Beginner Level
  Accuracy 97% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 130%

10 min cardio = 2 min steady state + 5 min Tabata + 3 min steady state

photos posted for actual stats:

Note 0% scored next to the combo yet total strikes 109 matches strikes requested.

This also occurs in Round 9. 

Round 15 tallies 1005 for all blows requested, yet average accuracy for this round is 99%. WTH?

All 15 rounds today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...