Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Truly Abbreviated Tuesday Workout

Because I wanted to catch the flick Jersey Boys, my gym time got cut even shorter. This is probably the last week for it at my local cinema and it's $5 Tuesday. First show time is 11:15 am which means that I'll actually be done with my workout before Child Care time has expired. That's a first for me.

I do only 10 minutes for cardio warm up but include 4 minutes of Tabata. Then a quick Cage Stretch and 15 rounds kickboxing the Nexersys. I have to adjust my gloves between rounds 3 and 4 because the velcro on my left wrap is chafing against my palm. My right hand pointer stings a bit and I realize that the glove is splitting at the seam for that finger. Bummer. I may have to tape that finger under the cotton wrap next time.

Oddly, my upper back's a bit stiff from yesterday's workout but it's not painful. I only notice it when I'm sitting at my computer. I'd rather box the machine than pedal on the elliptical, hence doing 15 rounds and skipping the 2nd round of cardio. I just have enough time to shower and change. My hair is plastered to my head, sweat dripping like rain off my clothes, and I smell like cat pee. It's a good workout.

My son and I have the theater all to ourselves for Jersey Boys. I know all the songs but only some of the story. I have to explain to my son why they speak funny and act dum-ass macho. He's a suburban boy through and through. Halfway through the movie my son pulls out his DS and plays a game because he can't follow the story. He doesn't understand the music either. But I've always loved movies like this, like La Bamba and The Buddy Holly Story. Movies that make you want to sing along. And in an empty theater, there's nothing that says you can't.

Tuesday Workout

10 min elliptical includes 4 min Tabata (20 sec On/ 10 sec Off) = 0.78 miles

Cage Stretch

Nexersys 15 rounds Beginner Follow Me Avatar
  Accuracy 96% / Strikes 99% / Average Power 139%

photo posted for actual stats:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...