Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Super-Duper Abbreviated Workout

I let my son sleep in a bit this morning so of course we were in a mad rush to get to the gym at a decent hour. We planned to see the noon showing of the new Transformer movie. I packed some popcorn (the movie theater popcorn hasn't been agreeing with me lately so now I buy the cheesy stuff at the supermarket and toss it into a zip lock), water bottles, Honest Kids juice bags, and a couple of protein bars with several cooler packs inside two insulated bags and toss the whole thing into a small cooler I keep on the front passenger seat.

There are a lot of kids in the Child Care area at 9:45 am so my son is quite happy. I only do 15 min of cardio but remember to incorporate 4 min of Tabata. I do a quick Cage Stretch because I think it's important to stretch before kickboxing, even if it's just the machine. My left knee still feels odd and I don't want to risk doing any further damage to it. After I wrap my hands and stuff them into my gloves, I tap in 15 rounds (60 minutes) at Beginner Level Follow Me. My right pointer finger is achy as well and I wonder if I sprained it using a spray bottle. I have such small, delicate joints that dislocate easily. No, I decide, it's probably an insect bite that's causing the sensitivity. The knuckles of both my index fingers are slightly discolored and rough from punching, but at least I'm not breaking skin anymore.

I need to pace myself. The air conditioning has been balky. Br at the front desk told me that it completely broke down last night and she was sweating just manning the desk, never mind the poor souls trying to work out. I get her to lower the blinds at one of the big windows to minimize the glare on my screen. I don't miss any punches or kicks, but whenever I stop the machine with too hard a blow, I lose accuracy points. I can see how I start to tire by the 9th round, but then pick up again with a second wind by the 12th. Maybe because I know it's only 15 rounds. I'm completely drenched when I'm done, but by the time I unwrap and towel off my head, I realize that I don't have time to do another 15 minutes with  5 min of Tabata. Not if I want to shower, change, drop my stuff at the car and get tickets before the movie starts. I hate people who walk in after the film's already started.

The theater is half full but my son and I get decent seats. It's a very exciting movie. We have a play date tomorrow evening with a friend and her son. They want to see Earth to Echo and eat frozen yogurt. I plan to go to the gym with my son so it'll be another abbreviated workout but I'm not sure if I'm doing Legs or Back tomorrow. Probably Legs: pedal 5 miles and maybe get a few squats in. It'll be interesting to see if Island Jerk has glommed all the Oly bars because he's done it the last two Wednesdays running.

Tuesday Workout
N/A
Calorie :   107 CAL
Distance: 1.31 mile
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  --
Duration : 00:15:00
N/A
Calorie :   --
Distance : --
Speed :    --
Lap/Rep :  15 Laps/Reps
Duration : 01:00:00
photo for actual stats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...