Monday, July 7, 2014

Post-Pigfest Weekend Oink Oink!

It wasn't that I ate a lot of bad food, but more that I drank a lot of apple ale and sangria. And snacked on those puffed wasabi-flavored snap peas. Those are addictive. And salty. And I'm pretty sure I'm holding a bit of water since my rings feel tight. It's really hot and humid today. After I drop my son at camp, I go to the gym and actually feel a bit of dread. Mondays are always like that for me because two days of inactivity makes cardio so much harder. I don't feel rested, I feel sluggish. I'm not in the mood to see if my knee is better so I don't set the incline past level 6 for either cardio session.

The gym is crowded as usual with seniors, shift workers and SAH (Stay At Home) moms. I get on the bench that is wedged between another flat bench and an incline bench. It's my least favorite because it's hard to get in and out of. Its bench also seems a tad skewed to the upright stays. They must've tightened the breakers because they barely move when I grab the bar. Just as well. I get all my sets done with minor irritation to my right shoulder. Island Jerk is chatting up all the guys, but at least he seems to be using just one piece of equipment at a time. What's annoying is how he's planted his backpack, and cups on a stack of all the rubber mats. If anyone wanted to do deads they'd have to move all his crap just to get the mats. One cup is full of brown liquid, coffee or cola. He's doing inclined benches and I hope he finishes quickly so I don't have to interact with him.

After flat bench press, I do a few sets of inclined bench. Then I grab DBs for Lateral Raises. I find the adjustable Inclined Bench and do sets of Reverse Flyes. My right shoulder seems to cramp near the blade and I try to stretch it out between sets. Upping my weight on this exercise was inevitable, but there are always repercussions. Afterwards, I do a few sets of alternating twisting DB curls. I think they help the bicep peaks. The EZ bar curl is next. Near my last set, D comes by to chat. She's finally got her car back and two of her three sons are at the gym: one on the elliptical, and the other in the Child Care room. My husband is in Boston until Thursday, with a loaner 2013 Subaru CrossTrek from the dealership. He thinks they forgot to fix his car because of the holiday weekend, but since this loaner drives a lot like his Forester, he's not concerned.

Before I forget, I do crunches and pulse-ups and then head back to the elliptical for 3 more miles. This time cardio is more enjoyable. I do a full Mat Stretch with plank and splits. The gym scale reads 113.6 lbs and I'm not surprised. In the shower, I slowly tweak the water from hot to cold because I don't want to get all sweaty before I reach my car. I have a lot of errands to run, mostly dropping bags off at the Goodwill and Once Upon A Child. The latter has a good selection of lightly-used books, toys and clothes and I've found myself trading in several of my son's old baby books for a few more age-appropriate tales.

The fawn that spent most of the weekend in our yard was here again this morning, making us believe that something bad happened to mama deer. My dog spooks the little deer, but like a sullen teenager, he only jumps a few feet before nonchalantly ambling off into the woods at his own pace, peering over his shoulder to make sure we aren't following him. Tomorrow is Cardio/Nexersys Day but it'll have to be an abbreviated workout. Tomorrow is $5 Tuesday and my son and I plan to see the new Transformer movie.

Monday Workout

Calorie :   170 CAL
Distance: 2.02 mile
Duration : 00:23:00
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 95x12
Set 3 : 115x8
Set 4 : 115x8
Set 5 : 115x8
Set 6 : 95x20
Set 1 : 45x12
Set 2 : 65x12
Set 3 : 85x10
Set 4 : 85x10
Set 5 : 85x10
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12
Set 4 : 20x12
Set 5 : 20x12
Set 6 : 20x12
Set 1 : 20x15
Set 2 : 25x12
Set 3 : 25x12
Set 4 : 25x12
Set 5 : 25x12
Set 6 : 25x12
Set 1 : 20x12
Set 2 : 20x12
Set 3 : 20x12
Set 1 : 15x12
Set 2 : 37.5x12
Set 3 : 47.5x12
Set 4 : 47.5x12
Set 5 : 47.5x12
Set 6 : 47.5x12
Set 1 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 50 Laps/Reps
Set 3 : 50 Laps/Reps
Calorie :   257 CAL
Distance: 3 mile
Duration : 00:32:00
Set 1 : 00:01:00
Set 1 : 12 Laps/Reps
Set 2 : 12 Laps/Reps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...