Friday, July 13, 2012

The Friday Fizzle

It's a hot dry summer so far. I don't even wear my hoodie to the gym but have stashed it inside my duffle bag. Today I feel like The Very Best of Billy Idol and use that for my entire gym workout. He's got some great workout songs, like Speed. But I'm a fan and have been since the 80s.
Billy Idol Playlist

There's a saying, "People don't change. They only become more so."
I lope along at first but eventually I feel the heat rising inside my hoodie, dampness, then actual sweat trickling down my face. 45 minutes gives me 5.21 miles and that's quite satisfactory for a Friday. Today is my 2nd Pull Day this week, so that's Back and Biceps. Rows are always good but I know the Pull Downs are going to suck today. Especially since I want to see if I can do chin ups. And I'm not wrong. Pull Downs suck today. I can barely keep my fingers from slipping off the bar. Even with gloves on.

Today's Total Workout:
45 minutes Precor elliptical = 5.21 miles
Seated Cable Rows: 1 x 12 @ 75 lbs / 2 x 12 @ 90 lbs / 3 x 8 @ 105 lbs / 3 x 12 @ 90 lbs
Cage Stretch & kicks & 12 neutral (palms facing each other) close grip chin ups
Pull Downs: 1 x 12 @ 75 lbs / 3 x 12 @ 90 lbs
Lower Back Press: 2 x 25 @ 90 lbs
Torso Twist: 2 x 25 @ 60 lbs
Reverse Grip Barbell Rows: 6 x 15-12 @ 50 lbs
Bicep Dumbbell Curls: 1 x 12 @ 15 lbs / 3 x 8-12 @ 20 lbs
45° Inclined Situps with 10 lb plate: 1 x 50 / 2 x 25 reps
Lower Ab kickouts: 125
Mat stretch for hamstrings, back, shoulders, neck and calves

I'm not the only one looking and feeling a bit beat.The gym is oddly empty. I see a few regulars but their workouts seem as abbreviated as mine feels. The scale reads 106.2 and I'm thinking wow, that's great considering I ate 3 slices of meatball & garlic pizza last night for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...