Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Leg Day!

I only work legs once a week. Or so I say. (But that's not really true since I do 45 min on the elliptical 5 days a week.) Wednesday's I do 65 minutes because I figure it's Leg Day and what better exercise than doing cardio? I like to change things each week so today I did 35 minutes uphill for 4.15 miles, and then 30 minutes of intervals (more like one big interval) for an additional 3.68 miles giving me a grand sweaty total of 7.83 miles. Wahoo! My tank top and hoodie are both drenched and I'm grinning like an idiot. But a happy idiot.

Today's workout:
Cage stretches & kicks
Seated Leg Curls: 3 x 12 @ 75 lbs
Smith machine squats: 1 x12 @ bar (45 lbs) / 2 x 15 @ 95 lbs / 3 x 15 @ 115 lbs /
1 x 15 @ 95 lbs
Smith machine deadlifts: 6 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Seated Leg Curls (again!): 3 x 12 @ 90 lbs
Abs: Torso twist (2 x 25 @ 60 lbs) / Seated lower ab kickouts (1 x 150)
Mat stretch for hamstrings, calves, shoulders & neck

I rush off to the locker room to strip off my soaking wet gym clothes. The scale reads 105.2 and I'm perplexed. My hair is still dripping wet as well. The scale seems to be off. Plus someone keeps relocating the scale so it's never quite in the same place each day. Maybe I'm eating too much fruit? Nah, couldn't be! I'll check the scale tomorrow and see what it says. I don't even feel as if I worked out heavy today. I'm wondering if maybe I should cut back on my reps and up the weight again. I do worry about my knees and ankles. But perhaps a little more definition in the thighs might be nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...