Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Justifiable Cheating

It's the beginning of another scorcher although temperatures promise to climb only to low 90s. I'm stiff and tired all over. When I go to pee, I feel twinges inside my hip cradle which remind me of menstrual cramps. Except that I'm not having my period. It's Leg Day Wednesday and I told myself I'd do at least 7 miles. But I feel so off that I'm not sure I can do it. So I cheat.

No, I don't mean that I let myself off the hook for the 7 miles. I just give myself an extra 5 minutes on the 2nd leg of my cardio, especially since the 1st leg, gentle hill #6 at 35 minutes, only got me 3.95 miles. Pathetic! So for Intervals #7, I plug in 30 minutes plus the 5 minute cool down (which BTW, I never use to cool down), for a total of 35 minutes. Perhaps because I'm completely drenched and probably because I'm thoroughly warmed up, but I get 4.18 miles for a grand total of 8.13 miles. I'm so happy I'm grinning from ear to ear. (Actually I was grinning throughout most of the Interval workout but that's just me having a good time.)

The rest of my workout is a blur. I get it done and I'm done. The scale reads a reasonable 107.0 lbs and I'm satisfied. I'm also starving and can't wait to get back to the car to suck down my ice cold protein drink.

Today's Total Workout:
70 minutes cardio = 8.13 miles
Cage stretch & kick
Seated leg curls: 3 x 15 @ 75 lbs
Squats (Smith): 1 x 12 @ bar / 1 x 12 @ 95 lbs / 5 x 12 @ 115 lbs / 2 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Deadlifts (Smith) 6 x 12 @ 95 lbs
Seated leg curls (again): 3 x 15 @ 90 lbs
Torso twist: 2 x 25 @ 60lbs
Twisting situps: 125 reps
Seated lower ab kickouts: 125 reps
Mat stretch for hams, calves, back, shoulders & neck

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Start of a Scorching Week

Saturday's drive down to Point Pleasant NJ took almost 3 hours in the rain. We had a good time seeing relatives in celebration of my bro...