Monday, July 23, 2012

Cardio to Clear the Mind

I woke up this morning feeling hung over. I'd only had one drink at dinner last night! Okay, it was kick-ass strong for an umbrella drink because I was hammered halfway through dinner, and I was eating protein-dense sushi! Not quite sure what was in that little drink, but I'm pretty certain I don't want to try it again either. I had a hard time getting myself motivated this morning. Plus I was having the most bizarre dreams where there were clouds of sheets and blankets up on the ceiling of the bedroom. Perhaps it wasn't a normal mai tai. I was half-tempted to get my blood tested at the local hospital. But what would I say? Someone drugged my cocktail while I was having dinner with my family?

Anyway, I trudged up to the elliptical and after 45 minutes, got a decent 5.11 miles. Not very sweaty though. I was a bit disappointed in myself, but still hoping that all this activity would clear all the fogginess out of my head. I hate feeling drugged and I'm a flyweight to boot, so I'm the person not taking antihistamines because I'll have a drug-hangover the next day. My right elbow's been bothering me all weekend and the Smith was occupied so I did reps today. It almost feels like a cardio workout sometimes. I also upped my weights slightly on rear delts (shoulders).

Today's Total Workout:
45 min cardio = 5.11 miles
Flat bench press: 1 x 25 @ bar (45 lbs) / 1 x 25 @ 65 lbs / 1 x 25 @ 85 lbs / 1 x 25 @ 65 lbs / 1 x 50 @ bar
Cage stretch & kicks
Front dumbbell delt raises superset with lateral dumbbell raises: 3 x 12 @ 17.5 lbs
Lateral dumbbell raises: 3 x 12 @ 17.5 lbs
Seated rear inclined dumbbell raises: 6 x 12-15 @ 20 lbs
One-arm tricept dumbbell extensions: 3 x 8-12 @ 20 lbs
45° inclined situp with 10 lb weight: 1 x 50 reps / 2 x 25 reps
Seated lower ab kickouts: 125 reps
Tricep angled-bar pushdowns: 3 x 12 @ 40 lbs
Mat stretch for hamstrings, calves, back, shoulders & neck

I can't weigh myself at the gym because the scale is flashing a Low-Battery warning. Oh well. My completely inaccurate home scale reads 107.2 and I always add 2 lbs to it. I knew I was feeling heavier, bigger, more sluggish. Bleah! But at least my head's cleared and I feel like a human being again. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday the 13th

I got a text this morning from a dog park compadre, warning me that the parks department had suddenly decided to do some spring maintenance ...